Author Topic: 10 Noob Lessons from a Noob  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
Re: 10 Noob Lessons from a Noob
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 06:43:45 PM »
interesting.

no Flying Squirrels squad currently on the roster. as for the squad members:
tallboy currently in LD (good choice btw :aok)
no danman21 on the roster
no jaces on the roster
no Darkalex on the roster
no Stock2 on the roster
(all 2-weekers since disappeared?)

Late War Tour 125 Fighter Scores for Buck
                           Score     Rank  
Kills per Death + 1        1.05      1097
Kills per Sortie           0.78      893
Kills per Hour of Flight   5.47      665
Kills Hit Percentage       3.11      2111
Kill Points                2941.38   1452

I know score doesnt count for everything but this suggests you have more to learn.

I had to drop the squad RTHolmes, things were not going so well for me, been having difficulty you might say. my ID in aces high was (GunOrRun) then i went to (CrzyGunZ), i am no longer flying in aces high though.

Please don't mock me RTH, i have done nothing to harm anyone or anything, I've only stated my opinion, so you have gone too far with your get backs.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 06:52:50 PM by Buck »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 06:58:57 PM »
apologies, was maybe too much. nothing personal, its just how it works round here (and IRL) - stick your neck out and someone will chop it off :devil

:salute

edit: hope you make it back to AH - its a truly great game :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 07:04:20 PM »
apologies, was maybe too much. nothing personal, its just how it works round here (and IRL) - stick your neck out and someone will chop it off :devil

:salute

edit: hope you make it back to AH - its a truly great game :aok

Apology accepted.

I have a long neck  :uhoh, just kidding.

My time on aces high is truly done for now, my chances of coming back are very very small.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 07:06:26 PM by Buck »

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 07:10:35 PM »

My time on aces high is truly done for now, my chances of coming back are very very small.

I'm sorry to hear that. Feel free to come back to the game anytime. Plenty of old timers and younger folk here to welcome you back.
 :cheers:  :airplane:
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010, 07:21:41 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that. Feel free to come back to the game anytime. Plenty of old timers and younger folk here to welcome you back.
 :cheers:  :airplane:

No need to be sorry, i quit flying weeks ago. Its only a game, people come and go over time....

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 07:25:05 PM by Buck »

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
Great post !
With that said there is one more thing that I did as a noob. Whenever i waqs shot down , I would pm the shooter and ask what I did wrong or what I can do better.
By being respectful I found new friends and learned more.
if i beat a person in a certain way i <S> them in a PM and ask if they want to know how i got them... vice versa can make friends too...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2010, 05:01:24 AM »
Gun,

Sry to see you go, your one of the best I've seen at firing on a diving opponent.  I hope everything in your life turns around for the better <S>
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:08:34 AM by TnDep »
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2010, 10:13:51 AM »
Gun,

Sry to see you go, your one of the best I've seen at firing on a diving opponent.  I hope everything in your life turns around for the better <S>

<S> TnDep.

Offline FelixSteiner

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2010, 10:05:02 PM »
Honestly it also has to do with the type of bombers you fight against.

Ju's attack facing bit below the ship. The belly gun can't shoot you neither can the tail guns too.

Lancs attack from the belly up. It has no belly gun which is perfect. At 1k away just go down and gain speed then attack up. If you do that really fast you'll avoid them even noticing you and getting on the nose gun.

B 17s and B 24s are basically flying fortresses. They got guns everywhere. My suggestion is to attack facing them or to the side. Like a Hoe. If you attack from the 6 your a very steady shot whereas from the side your a much harder target where they will more likely waste bullets.

Hope this helps. :noid