Author Topic: Questions about an upgrade  (Read 496 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Questions about an upgrade
« on: August 28, 2000, 02:08:00 PM »
All,

I was wondering. How do you determine if your case is "athlon" capable? I have a couple of cases (a full tower and 3/4 tower) that have a 300 watt power supply. I do not buy any "name" brand computer and only deal in "clones" since I like to upgrade about every 18 months. Now that money is getting abit tight I might consider an athlon versus a better than 500mhz PIII.

Right now I am running a PIII 500mhz with 128 Meg RAM, Voodoo 3 3000 AGP and soundblaster 16 card. I also use a DSL connection (640k dn 270k up) with an intel modem and windows95C.

Any recomendations?

Another qustion. I have a brand new Tmaster Top Gun Platinum stick but do not use it as my system will not recognise it whit the Tmaster rcs on it. I won't play without rudder pedals. Any ideas why the tmaster systems are incompatible? I have sent the stick back to tmaster and they sent me a new one. Same thing.

Last question. Is there any REAL benefit to going to any kind of USB style of system? By real I mean significant performance increase.

Thanks

------------------

No Mercy Asked, None Given, Just pass the ammo

[This message has been edited by Maverick (edited 08-28-2000).]
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

ovmech

Questions about an upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2000, 07:16:00 PM »
In your browser search type this......

Fong Kai FK-320ATX Mid Tower ATX

also go to the post on power supplies.

Good luck!

ov

------------------
ovmech, Lt Col Commanding
    ovmech@cfl.rr.com