Author Topic: Update on the ahevents site  (Read 1353 times)

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
Update on the ahevents site
« on: June 03, 2010, 08:42:13 PM »

The site is coming together and we expect to move it Sunday / Monday.  During the transition, we expect the following issue that we will need to fix over time:

1. Images may not display correctly
2. URLs may not work -- both ones you may have bookmarked and ones within articles here on the forum or on the site itself. 

What should / will work out the gate is the log viewer, race standings, and other custom code.  Thanks Lurch to being the geek you are and giving up most of your Memorial day weekend. 

What the move means is that you may also get inconsistent connectivity while the move is happening and the DNS entries propagate around the internet.

We chose Sunday to minimize the impact to the FSO player base who hit the site hard on Saturday looking at logs.  And hopefully the FSO email utility will be stable by Monday so orders, etc. won't be delayed.  The CM (squire/warloc) may be impacted, but I'm hoping he'll plan ahead.

Let me know if you have any questions / concerns.  Once we are live, give us a few days to fix the problems before yelling at us.

Thanks.
forHIM

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Update on the ahevents site
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 08:51:33 PM »
Thanks Forhim!  :salute
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 10:00:25 PM »
Site is live or I should say the DNS changes were made so the internet should be propagating the new entries. 

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 10:03:27 PM »
One other note about the site move -- as part of it, we dropped any user who had a last visit time (last logged in visit time) prior to Jan 1, 2008.  So what this means is some squads who had a member listed as a contact may find they don't have that member listed anymore.  If that is the case, you will need to have that person re-register on the site and re-add them to your squad.

I think the 332nd are the only squad impacted, but I didn't do a thorough job of verification.

Offline AKH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 06:18:40 AM »
A great update  :salute
AKHoopy Arabian Knights
google koan: "Your assumptions about the lives of others are in direct relation to your naïve pomposity."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 07:22:16 PM »
The template looks great forhim!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 07:58:54 AM »
68Lurch and myself hope to continue making changes so that each event category has a main landing page that is more interactive.  This update was mostly to get the site updated to the latest versions of software and to make a need face lift to the template.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 01:54:39 PM »
Very awesome, Joomla's a wonderful tool! Just the template is a big jump from what it was!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 06:06:04 PM »
yes it is -- however the template has a lot more features we / I would like to use which you should see rolled out over time.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 08:03:23 PM »
It really does look nice.
forHIM, 68Lurch, thanks so much! Huge improvement!
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 08:30:53 PM »
The site is easy on the eyes, write-ups are wonderful, the images are very creative, and navigation is simple and effective  Genius!

Thank you guys for your time and work on the site.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 06:33:14 PM »
The site is outstanding!

I was trying to access the admin for my squad in teh FSO screen and was unable as I don't remember my log in and password.  Dumb I know, but hey...   ...this is me we are talkign about here...

When I clicked on "forgot password" and "forgot login", there wasn't anything to click on to bring up the next screen to enter an email address, etc...

Is this a bug? 

Please advise!

Thanks!

SlipKnoT (SlipKnt)
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 06:57:46 PM »
I think I figured it out. 

Got my log in on this bbs straightened out and was able to log onto the FSO admin no problem from there.

BUT...   ...The option during the log in screen in that area of the new site does seem to not be operational yet.

Hope this helps others... :aok
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 07:17:30 PM »
If you are using IE8 you may need to lower your security settings (as in put www.ahevents.org in your trusted sites and/or allow javascript processing to happen).  The pop-up login window is a javascript and we're getting reports of some browsers security settings being too aggressive to allow the javascript to run.  Without it, the forgot login / password functions won't work.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 12:49:37 AM »
 I probably missed something but I can only see allied stats for frame 2 on the logs

~AoM~