Author Topic: ok hitech we need to talk!!!!  (Read 4286 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: ok hitech we need to talk!!!!
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2010, 02:03:20 PM »
what the hell is F3 mode?  Did I miss something?
External view...only available to bombers in the MAs.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2010, 02:09:28 PM »
F3 mode is really annoying for duels. Makes it possible for people to win from unrealistic gun solutions as they can easily see under the nose with F3. Takes away some of the point of dueling, in my opinion. Thankfully the type of player I usualy duel feels the same so it's not a major concern.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2010, 03:33:34 PM »
All four of them are very good sticks, I rekon they are making you think they are turning when really they are setting up an angles or E advantage. They got that way by not being afraid to fight a spitfire instead of running. Dying at first, then quickly working out the spits weakness and exploiting it in short order.

Thanks Bat...you should have been in that list too although I have never seen you fly bishrook (and very happy about that too).   I have already prepared the wire transfer for big bucks into your bank account if you will explain "the setting up of angles" because it feels like I am turning hard to avoid that shot but they don't miss...ever!  :rofl  And coming from high and 6 o'clock it just seems that they would have a tremendous close rate...almost to the point of compression.  Let me know....cash is on the way man.

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2010, 06:56:10 PM »
ah no way I don't play anywhere near as often to compete with those guys in the MA.... well maybe junky, he flies like a fool in there all the time, like me :D

I think I could avoid the shot you describe better though. If someone with great aim is diving on you at high speed the worst thing to do is turn hard. This will almost always offer them a top profile shot with big target area. Thats the angle you are trying to work out. The one they are using to intercept your hard turn for a snapshot perhaps? Some of the regular Ma player get in the zone and you just wont stop them short of taking out the FHs.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 06:58:26 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2010, 08:34:21 PM »
   I visited the DA just yesterday. Took me awhile but realized something was wrong. After a few sorties from A1 I figured it out. I kept having this irresistible urge to climb. It was a few sorties later I noticed A1 was Rook, when did that change??? I was always Knight, or at least the last time I visited the DA.
   Anyway, I spent most of my time chasing down and killing Tempests, got three of them in my dweeby spitfire, pretty sure I was flying the Mk V and IX. For the record I did take-off in a Tempest once, and didn't head-on every plane I met. The same pilot kept trying to ho me, easily avoided it and then reversed and chased it. Inexplicably the Tempest would try to climb much to early and I was able to shoot it down. Which resulted in much whining from the Tempest pilot and many LoL from me.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2010, 09:14:03 PM »
The DA is just a secondary training arena. The OP should learn something.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2010, 12:45:59 AM »
ah no way I don't play anywhere near as often to compete with those guys in the MA.... well maybe junky, he flies like a fool in there all the time, like me :D

I think I could avoid the shot you describe better though. If someone with great aim is diving on you at high speed the worst thing to do is turn hard. This will almost always offer them a top profile shot with big target area. Thats the angle you are trying to work out. The one they are using to intercept your hard turn for a snapshot perhaps? Some of the regular Ma player get in the zone and you just wont stop them short of taking out the FHs.

I guess it feels like that is what you should do to avoid it.  Barrel rolls are great and partial rolls....but the angles part...merging, reversing etc.  Cash baby....cash.

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2010, 07:51:27 AM »
well what do you do in a tempest huh i wanna know if its not hoing or BnZ then what and if yout guna turn fight in a pony id recommend the b model much better than the d in turn fights
Hmmm..I thought you were gonna change your name?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/