Author Topic: Took me over a minute  (Read 483 times)

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
Took me over a minute
« on: June 09, 2010, 09:18:48 PM »
It took me over a minute of constant firing on a tiger to kill it, the killing blow to the track. Wow. Can some one show me how to one shot it please? Look how I did.

http://rapidshare.com/files/397282247/film29.ahf.html

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
Re: Took me over a minute
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:35:41 PM »
Hit em from close range from the rear, or place the shot right where the turret meets the body.  That's how I die in em.   :D
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »
The Sherman's 75mm gun is one of the weakest in the game, so sitting 600 yards away from the Tiger you will have difficulty from any angle, unfortunately.  If you can hit the lower hull without hitting the tracks or road wheels, that is where the armor is the thinnest (60mm vs. 80mm on the upper hull).  Usually, though, I aim for the cross on the side, but I also close the range to -- well -- less than 600 (speaking of when I am in a T-34/76 -- haven't fought Tigers from a Sherman yet, but the guns are similar without HVAP).

So, close the distance (and hope his SA fails him) or bring a better gun if you are going Tiger hunting.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:33:05 PM »
The Sherman's 75mm gun is one of the weakest in the game, so sitting 600 yards away from the Tiger you will have difficulty from any angle, unfortunately.  If you can hit the lower hull without hitting the tracks or road wheels, that is where the armor is the thinnest (60mm vs. 80mm on the upper hull).  Usually, though, I aim for the cross on the side, but I also close the range to -- well -- less than 600 (speaking of when I am in a T-34/76 -- haven't fought Tigers from a Sherman yet, but the guns are similar without HVAP).

So, close the distance (and hope his SA fails him) or bring a better gun if you are going Tiger hunting.

Not sure what Sherman you're using, but the Firefly with AP rounds is the most dangerous thing to a Tiger.

Edit- oh...75mm...never mind...best advice is to go get a Firefly, or another Tiger...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:38:54 PM by Dream Child »