Author Topic: Squad MOTD  (Read 333 times)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Squad MOTD
« on: June 05, 2010, 07:50:51 PM »
I have invite privileges, eject privileges, and change name privileges for the squad im in, but i still cant get the Squad MOTD to pop up every time a squaddie enters arenas. i have tried uploading as the COs name and tried using the short message feature. cant seem to get either to work.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
Re: Squad MOTD
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 08:17:31 PM »
From what I understand, only the the Squad CO can upload the MOTDs. I could be wrong though, as I have never tried using MOTD.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 08:27:47 PM »
last i heard was that anyone with all privileges in the squad may set the Squad MOTD, but I may also be wrong.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 06:28:16 AM »
From the Help file:
"A Squad Message of the Day (MOTD) can be uploaded by the squad CO or any member with Invite and Eject permissions.  The message can be either a short message (up to 128 characters) typed in and uploaded, or a longer message that is composed in a SquadID.txt file and then uploaded, with the SquadID being the game id of the squad CO."

http://www.hitechcreations.com/ahhelp/squad.html

This of course doesn't shed any light on the problem but should clarify who can and who can't upload a Squad MOTD.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 09:16:15 PM »
still nothing on this yet?