Author Topic: unjoin command  (Read 384 times)

Offline PapaFox

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.barnstormer1.com
unjoin command
« on: June 08, 2010, 02:13:06 AM »
I've used the dot command "join" for years, but this evening I tried to use the "unjoin" command. I received no response in flight or on the ground when I gave this command as a gunner. I was riding in the tail gunner's position of another pilot's plane and in the text slot I typed .unjoin (and then the pilot's handle) . No cigar. Any suggestions or is unjoin unusable in this version?

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Re: unjoin command
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 04:44:57 AM »
All you need to do is .EF, or end sortie on your clipboard.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 07:15:21 AM »
i must ask how you were able to join the aircraft in the first place with this white screen disco going on? :huh
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 07:34:17 AM »
same here, I can't join anyone without the game crashing
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:42:23 AM »
the "unjoin" command is to let the pilot kick a gunner out.

Offline PapaFox

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.barnstormer1.com
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 05:03:54 PM »
The dot EF command works great, and I appreciate the explanation on what unjoin is intended for. Thanks!

I get some crashes to white screen when requesting to join, but the problem is hit or miss. If I don't get into the B-17 of the other pilot on the first try, I just restart Aces High and try again. I carried an observer throughout the entire memorial flight of an hour and a half a few weeks ago, so I think the booting problem happens only sometimes.

We've had success with three different computers using the .join command with Aces High 2.19 patch 4. Two of them are Windows 7 64bit machines with 6GB ram, and one is a Vista 32 machine with 2GB of memory. All seem to be able to join at least 3 out of 4 tries and we don't seem to have troubles en route. I take a few seconds to click the "accept" button, and I don't know if a quick accept has detrimental effects, but you might try waiting a few seconds before clicking on "accept".
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:05:41 PM by PapaFox »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 05:23:03 PM »
the "unjoin" command is to let the pilot kick a gunner out.
Wait....that exists? 

:o
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 05:31:49 PM »
Wait....that exists? 

:o

Yup. Now anytime you get ticked cuz your rear guns of your 234 can hit crap, just use ".unjoin"!  :D
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies