Author Topic: Going under bridge causes crash  (Read 379 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Going under bridge causes crash
« on: July 27, 2005, 07:12:33 PM »
Not sure what this is about...it's an odd one.

Anyway - I was in game and landing a deadstick p51 across a   V base. Anway - land nice and smooth and notice the road and brige infront of me... turns out I'm going to go slowly under the bridge. - as soon as I get to the center - no noise just tower. "You have Crashed".

Here's the odd part. Few weeks ago was working up a bridge / River bank thing in the Object Editor.  Ran it through looked good - got in game...made a pass under the bridge...

Bam -you have crashed - no noise, ect....

I was like WTF?...lol   Went and looked at model - no odd ball polys there.

Anyway this went on over and over in several different variations. And I finally gave up. Then I decided to place the bridge using the TERRAIN EDITOR, and placed it over the banks. I could fly under it then.

My guess is something in the object editor is creating a plane at the object center or something to do with collision detection - where it detects collisions on the vertical axis of the objects location,  even if there is actually no object at a certain height.

The map was frac 3 - one of the vbases on furbal island - NE corner - 91 maybe?

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Going under bridge causes crash
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 08:52:57 PM »
This also goes for the overpass; the terrain hill that a bridge passes over that is very long. Tanks can hide in it, but if a plane gets halfway through it dies.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline MrRulo

• Zinc Member
Re: Going under bridge causes crash
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 09:44:12 AM »
same problem here, try to cover my c47 below a bridge until the town goes down, i was going at ... don't know, 10 mph and I have the collision. Can this be fixed in any way?

Rulo

Offline Rhah

• Copper Member
Re: Going under bridge causes crash
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:35:32 AM »
I never thought of this as a bug, thought it was supposed to be like that. :noid

But yah I noticed that a few years back when I would try to fly 163s under the bridges in the TA. instant tower
Kommando Nowotny

Your level of fail is increasing exponentially with every subsequent post