Author Topic: Option to hide C-47s from friendly radar  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Option to hide C-47s from friendly radar
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 05:59:37 PM »
I'm still curious how you are "following these guys on radar" when you are attacking an enemy field.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 06:03:18 PM »
Jayhawk,
The hunter may have indeed been using legitimate means. What is the harm, though, of allowing a C-47 to go invisible to friendly radar? I think this feature would ensure that goon discoveries are done by suitable means.
Define suitable? Do you know about God mode? & how to use it to find things. There is many ways to game the game but none of them would be considered cheating. As far as no radar for goon? NO.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 06:11:10 PM »
all you have to do is look for the little flicker the C47 puts off, or flip upside down so the icon appears.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline PapaFox

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.barnstormer1.com
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »
Jayhawk,
One of our squadies in a C-47 transmits "Oh cr*p, there's a con heading straight towards me." We look, and although he's still half a sector away, the red dot is heading straight towards one of our C-47s on the ground. After taking out that C-47 he turns and heads directly towards our other C-47 on the ground, which is well on the other side of the airport. Bam, he gets that one too. Coincidence or lucky hunting? Nope. All of this transpires while the bombers are still short of target.

Offline PapaFox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 06:13:44 PM »
BiPolar, I've never heard of this before. If the fighter flies upside down the built-in range reduction for NOE aircraft on the ground disappears?

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 06:16:02 PM »
should i put the badgers into this thread to show how dumb this idea is also? :D
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 06:16:57 PM »
Jayhawk,
One of our squadies in a C-47 transmits "Oh cr*p, there's a con heading straight towards me." We look, and although he's still half a sector away, the red dot is heading straight towards one of our C-47s on the ground. After taking out that C-47 he turns and heads directly towards our other C-47 on the ground, which is well on the other side of the airport. Bam, he gets that one too. Coincidence or lucky hunting? Nope. All of this transpires while the bombers are still short of target.

Is the goons within lets say 6-10k of the base when landed? If the answer is yes God mode will allow you to see them on the ground depending on how good your PC is. As far as second accounts go it's possible plenty of people have them. After a while playing this game you will hear of many a method for doing stuff & again none of them would be considered cheating.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 06:18:29 PM »
Keep in mind that a c-47 has a distinctive "dot" that can seen from quite a far distance away.

As was already stated many of the hiding spots are "known" and when I go goon hunting I have a set procedure I use to look for them that is pretty effective.  There isn't a field on any map that I have not either captured or defended a dozen times over so one gets to know the terrain and "normal" ingress spots.  The majority of goon drivers are not very bright and tend to use the same "obvious" routes and are easy to find/kill.

It is the clever ones (like my squaddie Spacer; the best goon driver in the game) that you have to watch out for.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 06:18:38 PM »
BiPolar, I've never heard of this before. If the fighter flies upside down the built-in range reduction for NOE aircraft on the ground disappears?
no it appears. If yuo have a goon sitting on the ground. His icon is almost impossible to see because the icon is placed under him. So Flip upside down so the icon will then be above him so you can see it.The enemy icons are below their planes, Friendlies are above. Plus if someone has Graphics down and skins turned off. The default goon skin puts off a flicker even if you arent within icon range.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline PapaFox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 06:22:38 PM »
Lyric1,
Maybe I never knew what techniques I was up against. What is God mode? Also, you wouldn't consider using two accounts to access the radar of two different countries to be cheating?

What prompted this post is that I noticed this unusual ability of one country to fly directly to our gruntwagons and kill them and the other country did not possess this ability. I doubt that the one country's pilots are that much smarter than the other's.

Offline PapaFox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 06:26:49 PM »
BiPolar,
I didn't know about the graphics down and skins turned off trick to induce a gruntwagon flicker. Now I'm getting a better idea of how people could do things that I previously thought were impossible without cheating.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 06:41:01 PM »
Lyric1,
Maybe I never knew what techniques I was up against. What is God mode? Also, you wouldn't consider using two accounts to access the radar of two different countries to be cheating?

What prompted this post is that I noticed this unusual ability of one country to fly directly to our gruntwagons and kill them and the other country did not possess this ability. I doubt that the one country's pilots are that much smarter than the other's.
God mode is a slang term used in game I am not sure what it is actually called. Jump in to a soft gun shore battery or tower at a base or on a CV even a goon that has landed. Then press f5 then f8 & if you have a joystick with a toggle switch pan about up & down & you can zoom in & out.

Just the other day I was asked how I knew a tank was coming from the direction he did & I told him of God mode & he had been playing for 5 years & had never heard of it before.

As far as two accounts go plenty of people have them & use them in a manner that is above board. Now if you suspect something is wrong film of said people should be sent to the powers to be & it will be dealt with I am sure.

Plus there is film viewer if you know how to use that & all of it's possibility's you can find any one any time. No need for second accounts with the film viewer option.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 06:43:03 PM »
If you're parking for many minutes and have NO COVER you did it wrong. Period. The base should be SHUT DOWN, nobody should be left alive to hunt you down, and you should be over the town with at least 6 fighters covering you as you drop your troops.

Quit screwing around with the goonie bird and maybe you'll be less frustrated.

Also, you can spot a bloody C-47 miles away! Even outside icon range you can sometimes tell what it is from the shape of the wings alone. Seeing one parked on the ground isn't all that hard. If a plane 8k out sees something and heads that way to investigate, and finds you, well golly gee, of COURSE it's going to look like he came straight to you! He's not going to fly over you, say "Yep, that's an enemy goon" and then leave you alone!

Silly mortal!

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 06:52:40 PM »
Don't worry PapaFox,  I'm on the case!

You Feeling lucky SPIEZZ, do yah!

POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 06:52:46 PM »
Honestly, I would like to see the C-47 forced to do air drops... But that's just me.

It would be way cooler and way more exciting to have the fighter wave set cap, bomber wave flatten town, then C-47 wave come in and drop the airborne...  The scramble of defending fighters to take out the paratroopers coupled with the scramble of the attacking fighters to defend them would make base taking an absolute thrill.  Everyone has experienced a good mission, and forcing air drops would almost require them.

Right now the way base capping works is rather obnoxious.  It's not surprising to me that there isn't much sympathy for parking C-47's and dropping troops on the ground.  It's very unrealistic and doesn't really condone exciting gameplay.  Plus if the bomber groups worked with the fighter groups and GV groups on each country, it would make ties much stronger and could potentially be a lot of fun.

I know that when my squad on, we actively try to group up with others on base takes.  Adds another dimension to the game and is largely the reason Massively Multiplayer Online games exist.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D