Author Topic: 24 hour days!!!  (Read 1029 times)

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
Re: 24 hour days!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 02:14:46 PM »
which ever time zone texas is in

Central time zone.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 02:31:20 PM »
Once upon a time we had a complete day/night cycle.  I can't say why HTC decided to do away with it

I tried to find the quote, but I can't (or the search tool is being picky), but to paraphrase somebody whom I think was Hitech himself: "When the sun set most of the server logged off." and at another time I believe he also said "night isn't coming back" (also a paraphrase).

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 03:08:01 PM »
What krusty said.

Too many people thought true night time was too much of a challenge.
Hitech tried it both ways, and this is the way with the fewest whines.
So this is what we have, and will continue to have.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 03:55:12 PM »
BAH.. I understand the whole 'night causes complaints' thing... but I don't understand why it can't be nighttime for only about 30 minutes or so.. just long enough to run a couple of sorties.  Heck, I've waited longer just to GET INTO an arena...

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 04:02:08 PM »
it would give new meaning to "the night shift"
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 04:15:18 PM »
Too many people thought true night time was too much of a challenge.

That's quite a spin of words there.... "too challenging" implies the problem is one of players without skills or abilities, rather than the environment itself being the issue.

WW2 was a fairweather battlefield. Why do you think Normandy was delayed so many times? Fighters didn't fly at night. Night was for sneaking by enemies undetected (usually bombers scattered and broken formations). Guess what? When it was night, you didn't have furballs in WW2. Outside of night fighters (a special exception to the rule, and usually lone wolfs hunting bombers) night was a no-fly time. Its only purpose was to avoid any and all contact with the enemy, prevent any risk of being seen (and actually having to fight) and guess what?

Only dweebs want to fly a game that way. That's right, I said it. Folks that want night keep asking for night back for the same reasons. They want kills without any risk of being seen. Same reason GVers whine about being killed by planes.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:16:53 PM by Krusty »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 04:21:53 PM »
You will still be seen because while it's night, it's still bright in the arena (moon), plus you have the nice big glowing red neon sign under your plane.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline RaptorL

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 05:58:58 PM »
I would like a challange, and I say give us night. You'll know who the best are when the weak leave when night comes (joking)  :D

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 06:06:58 PM »
I'd like night and/or realistic cloud banks, just so that there'd be an opportunity to practice some stealth in this game :D
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »
We could have the orange arena with nightime and the rest without. Just an idea...