Author Topic: X52 Joystick finally died.,,, I think. recommendations  (Read 1280 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: X52 Joystick finally died.,,, I think. recommendations
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 10:25:55 PM »
CH Stick= $80-$100 depending on the model
CH Pedals = $100 for the cheap ones (because the CH sticks aren't twisty)

Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas X = $40
separate throttle, twist or finger rudder control, sturdy enough for average geek use...and enough money left over for a lot of beer  :D
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 02:19:21 AM »
CH fighterstick for me using X52 throttle very nice, Joystick looks unimpressive but it is in a class of it's own.
It's Yanky built and works a dream, no bounce or sillyness very precise.
If you want lots of LED's it has only three  :joystick:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 02:25:50 AM »
CH fighterstick for me using X52 throttle very nice, Joystick looks unimpressive but it is in a class of it's own.
It's Yanky built and works a dream, no bounce or sillyness very precise.
If you want lots of LED's it has only three  :joystick:

Oooh... Damned good idea...  The thing that always kept me from buying the CH stick was that I would also have to buy a throttle...  Problem solved! :cool:
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Wobbly

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 02:44:32 AM »
CH fighterstick for me using X52 throttle very nice,

+1, I have got less worse since getting a CH Fighterstick and keeping X52 throttle (use Logitech wheel pedals for rudder, not sure about them, seem to work ok)
Game ID: Blimey

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 02:48:00 AM »
When my saitek pedals are dead I will invest in some CH pedals. :old:

The GFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 03:15:02 AM »
CH Fighterstick.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 04:03:25 AM »
well i finally gave up my x52 joystick wont break down and trust me i tried short of using a hammer.  so I ordered the ch fighterstick.  gonna use my saitek pedals, saiteck throttle (from the x52) and ch fiterstick.  hope it works.  the x52 is a great stick, but i am just curious as to the ch sticks, and since i got a nice bonus coming up, i thought i would waste 120 and order one.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 04:54:30 AM »
well i finally gave up my x52 joystick wont break down and trust me i tried short of using a hammer.  so I ordered the ch fighterstick.  gonna use my saitek pedals, saiteck throttle (from the x52) and ch fiterstick.  hope it works.  the x52 is a great stick, but i am just curious as to the ch sticks, and since i got a nice bonus coming up, i thought i would waste 120 and order one.

semp

sweet set-up exact same as mine :D

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 09:36:29 AM »
 :joystick: :old: :aok

The GFC

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 09:13:29 PM »
I have no clue why the X52 gets such a bad rep.  My dad (AAIByteU) and I got ours one year ago this month and they've been nothing but great.  There are definately better sticks out there, but for the money an X52 is a good one.  Most of the calibration and spiking issues are caused by that darn SST software.  Remove it, and it should be ok. 

I'd love to go all CH products, but I refuse to pay that much for a rig that won't make all that much of a difference.  Just my opinion.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 09:43:31 PM »
I use the CH fighterstick with the throttle from my Saitek X45 and my Saitek rudder peddals.  Other than having to leave the X45 Joystick hooked up (throttle controls run thru it to the USB port), everything works fine.  I just leave the X45 joystick tucked away behind the monitor.  If you wanted to, you could use it for even MORE buttons, hat switches, etc., but I find I have enough between the Fighterstick and the throttle to satisfy me.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 10:29:10 PM »
I'm having fun with this one.

http://reviews.cnet.com/game-accessories/thrustmaster-t-flight-hotas/4505-10110_7-33394435.html

The throttle can be separated from the stick. Lots of buttons.

I'm guessing GreenEagle didn't catch the "money is an issue, don't have $100 to spend" part.

Looks like its a few bucks cheaper here: http://www.meritline.com/thrustmaster-joystick-t-flight-hotas-x2960703---p-36844.aspx

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 10:43:56 PM »
I have no clue why the X52 gets such a bad rep.  My dad (AAIByteU) and I got ours one year ago this month and they've been nothing but great.  There are definately better sticks out there, but for the money an X52 is a good one.  Most of the calibration and spiking issues are caused by that darn SST software.  Remove it, and it should be ok. 

I'd love to go all CH products, but I refuse to pay that much for a rig that won't make all that much of a difference.  Just my opinion.

because it's a piece of fancy looking junk, I owned three of them,all within the last 4 years, plus a couple other twisty saiteks,  they were all junk, ya they work, but there IS a huge difference, I almost tripled my hit % over night, going to CH, trust me it makes a difference, and the time that CH lasts far outweighs the price cost, which is not overwhelming I paid slightly under a $100 for the CH fighter stick. 

the only thing I will use from Saitek are the pro peddles :aok oh and the X-52 throttle :D

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 10:45:52 PM »
Money's an issue?  Go to Walmart and pick up a Saitek ST290.  Pretty nice twisty stick for $20 and will last at least a year or two if you take care of it.  /thread.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 07:09:36 AM »
I have to agree with Grizz, buy a pair of ST-290's, figure you'll get 6 months to a year out of it. By the time they are dead you should have been able to save enough to buy a CH stick.

Whats more I would strongly encourage anyone to find a way to "mount" that stick, be it temporary or permanent.
Put it at a comfortable level to your arm when your sitting back.  Ideally so you can brace your elbow to give you finer control.

Mod your chair, your desk, build up the base from the floor, there are many ways of doing it.
All of them give you better control than just having it sit on the desk.