Author Topic: MS PPro USB Twisty-Stick question  (Read 522 times)

Offline kidcol

• Zinc Member
MS PPro USB Twisty-Stick question
« on: December 06, 2000, 01:59:00 PM »
Hey guys

I've had a MS PPro USB for about a year now and really like the feel and stability of it. I wish it had a 2nd hat & a few more buttons, but those are relatively minor concerns. My only persistant problem with it is the twisty-stick rudder. I've gotten fairly comfortable with using it & don't think I'd be able to fly again without a rudder control, but it's just not where I want it to be. Has anybody with the same stick had any luck with the setup? Getting it to where the twisty-stick isn't either horribly heavy handed or too slow to respond?

thx

- kidcol -

[This message has been edited by kidcol (edited 12-06-2000).]

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2000, 09:05:00 PM »
Get ya self some rudder pedals

like the CH Pros   you'll wonder how you ever used that damned twisty thing in the 1st place
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2000, 10:04:00 PM »
I use pedals with the sw ppro with no probs in AH
I'll never go back to twisty stickin again!

AKSKurj

Offline putz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2000, 09:22:00 PM »
man dampen the rudder control and drop your elbow to the table surface or desk pullout board then put a $1 mice pad under your elbow , i';ve got rudder pedals also but hate sittin ther like a freakin robot with my feet on them silly things , i like sittin like an idian to fly more comfortable.

Offline Laika

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2000, 02:32:00 AM »
I've been using the same MS Sidewinder stick since mid 97 flying in WB's now in AH. I will note they do take a bit of tweaking (game software) and feel better after the springs soften up a bit. My only real problem is it wont hold a 6 view very well anymore, keeps flickering... but then it is the most used thing on the stick