Author Topic: War Arena?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: War Arena?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 05:56:21 PM »
I'd like to see the whole base capture method re worked. You could start by increasing town size in proportion to field size. Rather than increase ack lethality just add a few more. I'd like to see 2 vh on medium and large bases, tougher ord bunkers and just for kicks being able to run out of the tower waving your .45

2c deposited
agreed minke +1 but this would take alot of work to do... resizing the town would most likely take more than adding more buildings.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 09:15:36 AM »
Question here...How hard would it be for HT to up the hardness on ords, troops, vh, bh's, fh's, cv, town?? But in turn be able to pork things down to a lower %. Whats it take now 2500 to knock down vh. Maybe 5k and so on. Would this create more combat and strategy or just make it worse?
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 06:49:24 PM »
Question here...How hard would it be for HT to up the hardness on ords, troops, vh, bh's, fh's, cv, town?? But in turn be able to pork things down to a lower %. Whats it take now 2500 to knock down vh. Maybe 5k and so on. Would this create more combat and strategy or just make it worse?

I think it's just an arena setting and can be changed when they reset the map. Personally I think it would help. It would make people have to get better at the game for the same number of people to do the same thing. Say 20 guys come in and half of them miss and they juuussst get there objective. With everything harder it would force them to get better and not miss so much. Better players make better game play. Also the time would change on how quick they could do what they do now giving defenders a bit more time to first react, and then defend.

Of course I could be soooooo wrong here   :P  it certainly wouldn't be the first time.

I hope they do something. Sunday I was on all afternoon and when a certain person/group got goin it was NOE mission after NOE mission. Catching up to a bunch of NOE missions that have such large numbers that a single pass has the field capped and ready for a goon is completely undefendable, there is just no way. While this was going on 95% of the fights disappeared. So not only were there no fights any where else to have fun at, the NOE raids would show long enough to fight and when you did catch them you weren't allow to get 100 feet off the ground. Fun? Not at all. I switched to the Bish just to see what they were doing.... oh and they were sooooo proud of themselves  :rolleyes: It was funny watching them from their side. I did find a number of fights against the Knights, at least they tried to stand their ground.

If I was a new player and had the choice of trailing along behind a horde, or trying to catch one I know the frustration level would be thru the roof. It certainly would give me thought on whether I'd subscribe or not. As it is now I've been here over 9 years and I fly ALOT less than I use to.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 09:12:40 PM »

With older guys playing games, I fancy the internal decision making of the best route to a "win" would appeal to them.

I'm forty and do not consider myself to be old yet...

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 09:22:23 AM »

HT, I know you guys read these every now and then, could you make chime in on this. Could we some how TEST an arena for some time to see how players might like or dislike it.

Fugitive, sorry about some of my past posts, just getting tired of some the same NOE, fuball stuff I guess :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 05:32:45 PM »
Personally I loved the old setups.  The fight for those last couple bases was always pure madness.  I say bring it back, fuel porking and all.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH