Author Topic: B24 gun sight  (Read 492 times)

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
B24 gun sight
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:07:16 PM »
ok today i was on a bombing run and had a 110 come up and start shooting and i shoot back .....but traccers dont show up on the gun sight but ever where else they do :mad: I like they b24 but i cant gun on it now :pray pls fix <S>
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: B24 gun sight
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:11:46 PM »
You aren't fooling anyone with "olds"  :lol.

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are saying.  Do you mean you can't see your tracer rounds through the gun-sight, but you can see them outside of it?  If that is the case I would suggest at least getting a screenshot of the problem, there have been some alpha and transparency issues posted in the last few weeks and this might be what you are talking about.

LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:26:52 PM »
hehe you were flying with tracers off in an earlier flight and you forgot to change it back.  drones dont have tracers off.  :neener:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:29:32 PM »
Don't need to see your tracers with M2 .50's. Their trajectory is rather flat.

Also, do not HO a Bf 110. You will lose.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 07:28:54 AM »
You aren't fooling anyone with "olds"  :lol.

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are saying.  Do you mean you can't see your tracer rounds through the gun-sight, but you can see them outside of it?  If that is the case I would suggest at least getting a screenshot of the problem, there have been some alpha and transparency issues posted in the last few weeks and this might be what you are talking about.

yes thats what i mean ill try to get a picture of bug...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 07:30:58 AM by olds442 »

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 12:43:47 PM »
Don't need to see your tracers with M2 .50's. Their trajectory is rather flat.

Also, do not HO a Bf 110. You will lose.

The issue whether or not you need them is irrelevant. If he can't see them, and they should be there, there is a problem somewhere along the line, whether it be his or the games. But thanks for your input anyway. :rolleyes:

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 06:12:04 PM »
The issue whether or not you need them is irrelevant. If he can't see them, and they should be there, there is a problem somewhere along the line, whether it be his or the games. But thanks for your input anyway. :rolleyes:

My post was more mocking then useful, TJ, and it had not yet been established what he was talking about. For all I knew, he could have paged all the way down and didnt know how to get back up to the gunsight, It is squeaker season, after all.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 06:52:41 PM »
look guys i aint a idot ask any body i can bomb i know this page up and down stuff i aint a iodt so stop thinking  i im :furious :furious :furious :mad:

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »
look guys i aint a idot ask any body i can bomb i know this page up and down stuff i aint a iodt so stop thinking  i im :furious :furious :furious :mad:

That is called irony.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 07:00:45 PM »
I've had better luck by re-positioning the gunner with tracers viewable above the gunsite and not looking through the gunsite at all.

Offline Rhah

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 07:28:02 PM »
Kommando Nowotny

Your level of fail is increasing exponentially with every subsequent post

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 07:34:32 PM »
All belittling of the OP aside he does have a valid bug. There have been times when I've switched from a drone to another drone, or from a lead to a drone and I've lost my tracers while firing. The problem lies in the alpha of the gun sight blocking the tracer trails when firing, when this bug happens I can shift my view left or right and I can see the trails but they disappear in the gun sight itself. The only way to fix the problem is to switch to the lead plane and then go Ctrl 1-3 to get back to the plane you were gunning in.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 09:04:39 AM »
yes thats what i mean ill try to get a picture of bug...
I'm still waiting for this.  I went into every gun position of the B-24 on every plane in the formation and could see the tracers fine.  Are you using a custom gunsight? I can't tell without a pic.

- Sudz

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 04:27:14 PM »
well i didnt get a pic of  it (got shot down befor i could  :(  ) every things is ok now its like a one time thing but.....all i can tell you is i had a gunner in the drons i was in lead and it was defalt gunsight <S>
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 04:31:18 PM by olds442 »

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 05:06:41 PM »
Sudz I think I -might- know what the problem is. Everytime this has happened to me I've been gunning in one of the drones and I ended up losing the lead aircraft. IE I'll be gunning plane 3 and plane 1 or 2 dies so plane 3 now becomes plane 2. When this happens it usually causes me to lose tracers thru the gunsight but I can still see them around around the gunsight. Usually cycling through the planes (IE Ctrl 1-3) will fix the problem. Next time this happens I'll try and get a screenshot or film.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF