Author Topic: Sunday Afternoon  (Read 516 times)

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
Sunday Afternoon
« on: June 13, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »
I flew around in a Ju88 for about an hour when suddenly a P38 appears in my bomb sight. Imagine my chagrin.

There are 4 folks in there atm if anyone is interested. Got in a couple fighter sorties after the 38 finally killed the Ju88 I was lumbering around in.

Then I drove a tank which I never do but I discoed.

Discoes are killing me

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sunday Afternoon
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 01:02:18 PM »
Geez Dawger, those disco problems are bizarre. I hate to ask but have you run a ping plot or tested your connection to the arena? It could be the map itself although if that were the case more people would be having the problem. Have you tried dumping the terrain out of your terrain folder and doing a manual download/install of it?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 02:56:01 PM »
Its my connection. Been having problems lately. Eventually I'll get around to figuring it out. I run Aces High in the worst possible manner for a good connection. My cable internet comes into the house and goes through a wireless router and I use a wireless bridge to access the wireless router on the computer I fly on. I really need to drop cable from the computer to the router but who wants climb in an attic.

But that being said I think the issue is with comcast itself because time of day impacts it greatly.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 05:33:04 AM »
Dawger,

See if any of these tools will help.  Freeware Advanced System Care 3, download it and check out the tools, especially internet utility.  Just don't say okay to things that want to shut down needed system programs.  Otherwise  :aok it seems to have at least reduced the number of discoes for me.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 09:06:39 AM »
I spent 3 hours flying last night. I flew one sortie in the AvA and the rest in the Main Blue (Same Server).

Never discoed.

Didn't change anything on my end. Didn't even reboot the computer.

I think it is my isp

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 09:27:41 AM »
could be the map too, sometimes thats a cause to disco.