Author Topic: Saitek users, need some advice on my X45 please  (Read 412 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Saitek users, need some advice on my X45 please
« on: October 16, 2001, 10:09:00 PM »
I won this baby at the con banquet, a day after I dropped $400 to outfit myself with a complete CH USB Hotas! I'm keeping both setups(one for my son, one for me), but in trying to setup the X45 in AH, I have a question....
I want to use the direct-x setup tool within AH to assign all the buttons and hats on the X45, instead of the SGE software. AH detects all of them just fine. But my question concerns how I get the pinky key to act as a shift key within AH. Has anyone been able to do this within AH, or did you have to use the SGE software? Did you assign the pinky key to act as stick set 2 in the "joystick mappings", or did you go ahead and use the SGE software to configure the X45 and not do it in AH?

Thanks.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Saitek users, need some advice on my X45 please
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2001, 04:11:00 PM »
You could do it either way . Thats a good idea , using it to trigger the 2# stick set in AH , u could set it to "cycle" that and 1# stick set .

But SGE is a powerfull in itself , check out the "cycle" function in SGE . I use that alot to change the map size . Push the button once map gets bigger , push it again , map gets smaller , and your only using one button .  

Learned that from RangerBob's SGE profile he had the B26 side guns mapped that way .

Plus I use the rotaries and rudder as "banded" controls , for auto's and zooms .

Right now I use both , mostly directx buttons and some SGE actions "banded" "cycle" etc .

------------------------------------------

banana I have a CH Pro Throttle USB but after I put it on , sometimes after booting up it's not in the control planel in windows , and the rudders do it too ???

Is there a way to put them on Win98SE without that CH Control Panel software ??

I don't have a CH stick yet but have the throttle and rudders . Right now am still using my Saitek as it's madding to keep losing the CH inputs on boot up .

Don't have that problem with the rudders when the CH control panel isn't installed

:(
My current Ace's High handle is spro