Author Topic: Tired of Thrustmaster, switching to MS  (Read 2535 times)

Offline Firefox

• Zinc Member
Tired of Thrustmaster, switching to MS
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2000, 02:04:00 PM »
Can I interject in here.  

SUNCOM (www.suncominc.com) has IMHO the best set up for stick/throttle. Yes they use pots, but guess what, a year warrenty that you can send the stick in and get a new one. Ive done it twice now.  

Also COST,  for 89 bux you can have the F15 Talon (Dont get anyother) and the SFS throttle.  

The Throttle and the stick both have 4 mememory banks that you can program on the fly.  

Press mem button
Press switch you want to program
press key you want there
press mem button

Your ready to fly.  I do it a lot in the air.  

I know its off brand but I tried it and now will not use anything else (Former TM and CH user)

Throttle is a split throttle too for you F15 jocks  .

TTFN

------------------
Rick "Firefox" Scott
AH ID: FirefxAT
WB ID: =frfx=

Offline AaronGT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2000, 04:27:00 AM »
With regard to getting some stick inputs
right with the twisty rudder on the MS
Precision Pro, the thing I find hard is putting in right rudder (I am right handed). So I tend to go for left turns in extremis. One thing to is to angle the stick to the left so rather than front-back for down-up,
you are at an angle 30 degrees to the left (reverse if you are left handed). Now twisting right seems a little easier for me.
There's still a tendency to induce some right bank when twisting right, which doesn't happen when twisting left, but it seems a bit easier on the wrist.

Offline kidcol

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2000, 10:12:00 AM »
Suave1, you say you have gameport pedals & throttle with USB MSPP? Just curious what kind of throttle & how much did the pedals & throttle cost? I've been using USB MSPP for about a year, like the feel, but I've been irritated with the twisty stick since day one & would love to add pedals, ditto with the lack of buttons/only 1 hat thing. I've tried adding commands using that silly shift button, but usually end up either forgetting which ones were what & accidentally using the wrong one (not fun dropping gear in a 450 mph dive when I was trying to adjust trim, hehe), so a throttle would really be great.

- kidcol2-
-=NightStalkers=-