Author Topic: Sound Packs messing with my vox?  (Read 661 times)

Offline Fodder

• Zinc Member
Sound Packs messing with my vox?
« on: June 13, 2010, 04:07:03 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and how i might be able to fix it.

It seems that i previously had vox working with no dramas. Upon installing a new sound pack my vox is now non-existant, unless i reset by typing    ".resetv"

However, even after resetting my vox it will still stop working on some occasions. I think it may fail whenever a new sound is played, but it definately stops working whenever i jump in a new plane...

Any ideas?

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Sound Packs messing with my vox?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 05:22:28 AM »
Test by taking out the soundpack, and using standard sounds. If it works after not using the sounds you are using, change your soundpack (USRangers is the one I use, although I've modified it with various sounds from others)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »
Soundpacks and vox are two separate entities.  Might want to post in the tech support forum.  If you are using an on-board sound chipset & not a soundcard, your system might not be able to handle both at the same time.  That's just a guess though.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Fodder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 02:05:36 AM »
I followed your lead Wurzel and it seems to have worked a treat.

Deleted soundpack. Ran game with defaults and vox working perfectly.

Downloaded and installed and entirely new soundpack and this time it seems to be working without a hitch  :aok

I dont quite undertstand why the sound pack is affecting my vox either Ranger...perhaps u are right about the soundcard...I am using the inbuilt (motherboard) for sound at the moment...maybe time to upgrade  :D