Author Topic: GV Icons!!  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: GV Icons!!
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2010, 09:59:42 PM »
that's bs fly in the AvA and see for yourself - you can shoot them down like any other plane.  But there not going anywhere it's been debated so no need to discuss it.
Wow

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »
thee biggest problem about no icons on gv's would be for the planes to tell if they are bombing the friendly panzer or the enemy one!
if you are in a scenario where you had German armor against U.S. armor , then yes turn them off, but when everyone is in the same type of tank, it is a problem!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2010, 11:10:12 PM »
thee biggest problem about no icons on gv's would be for the planes to tell if they are bombing the friendly panzer or the enemy one!
if you are in a scenario where you had German armor against U.S. armor , then yes turn them off, but when everyone is in the same type of tank, it is a problem!

I think he is asking to turn enemy icons off and leave friendly one on.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2010, 11:26:25 PM »
I have to disagree, it has been debated over and over. Icons compensate for the lack of real life vision.

Real life vision?    I see a Dot way past 6k  and as for GVS it would be a great addition to Gv attacks and sneaking through the trees with a M-3 evading planes.

KAM

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 12:26:09 AM »
Can you tell what that dot is at 6k?  Or does it just look like a black dot?  You don't want to see any icons go fly in the AvA or hit Alt+I until you are satisfied.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2010, 12:59:21 AM »
I think he is asking to turn enemy icons off and leave friendly one on.
well that doesn't seem very fair! you want realism?   nothing real about friendly icons either,  maybe just a flag on the antenna , red for bad guy, green for friendly.  :neener: :neener:

although I do believe if I am hiding under a group of trees  it should be a heck of a lot harder to see me than it is!
Flying since tour 71.