Author Topic: New announcement: Radar Settings  (Read 14393 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: New announcement: Radar Settings
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2010, 11:35:19 PM »
NOE-100ft. & lower, dar range at say 15 miles. :pray
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline KingRat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2010, 11:49:12 PM »
As far as NOE I don't have a problem with 65' other than some of the habitual NOE squads will splatter half their planes across the countryside rather than let people kill them, which will take away a little bit of the defenders' fun.  The 20 mile range is a bad idea in my opinion.   I just don't like the idea of having enemy sitting in tower watching me take off because their dar ring overlaps my field.   The biggest change in gameplay that I think this will cause is that radars will constantly be either porked or soon to be porked.  It's too much of an advantage for the defender when they can count the number of people coming off a runway as soon as they hit 66 feet...which is pretty much as soon as wheels are up.   

Don't know if somebody else already said the same thing in this thread because I didn't read 15 pages of posts before I replied...my opinion is the only one I really care about anyway so I didn't bother.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2010, 01:43:45 AM »
This is my last post on the topic since I have appeared to have wandered from a general discussion to a trolling zone.

WW2 did not have radar that covered 65ft alt.

and just so I am absolutely clear, this was done purely to appease the scoretard whiners who dont like noe.

done here.

Just so I can point it out again.  The only real full time NOE guys in WW2 were the Beaufighter drivers.  The standard was no higher then 50 feet to defeat the radar.  This was PTO, CBI, MTO and ETO.  They 'popped up' to 200 feet or so to allow for a slight dive into the target.  They aimed for 20 feet off the deck and yes guys went into the water and the ground at times as they hand flew it all the way.

If you really want to NOE, then accept the challenge and make it work.  Mossies come to mind right away.  Get down in the weeds, rev the Merlins and go for it.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2010, 02:56:43 AM »
I don't see what all the uproar is about, these new NOE missions are fun. :D

Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2010, 03:40:33 AM »
:D :aok

:rofl
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2010, 04:01:25 AM »
I don't see what all the uproar is about, these new NOE missions are fun. :D

(Image removed from quote.)

You whiny horde dweebs, learn from this mans example!  :lol
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline iwomba

• Zinc Member
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2010, 04:35:19 AM »

Wow ... Where did you get the idea that the amount of money to goes into HTC's coffers is "community controlled" ? Were that true ... HTC would have gone out of business a long time ago.
Yeah ... it's a "community" of "one" ... and that "one" writes the coad.

Hmmm where did I mention anything about money being controlled by the community?

There are many other possibilities to stop noe hoards. But the lowering of radar level is designed to stop almost all noes.

You can restrict the maximum number in a mission & combine this with limiting the number of aircraft that can take off in a given time period.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:03:54 AM by iwomba »
WOMBA
9GIAP
Sydney, Australia Branch

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2010, 05:03:42 AM »
the lowering of radar level is designed to stop almost all noes.

hardly, it just means that an NOE raid requires some skill rather than being the easiest option. just like RL.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2010, 06:12:10 AM »
hardly, it just means that an NOE raid requires some skill rather than being the easiest option. just like RL.

Ah been waiting on this.
As the furballers are so keen in pointing out - This is not RL.

I pointed out earlier Rl and realism are very subjective and very biased depending on which group you fall into.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2010, 06:48:48 AM »
so which group do I fall into? I hate furballing and I hate mass NOE raids.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2010, 06:58:05 AM »
Many real life examples of just that.

could u show one please? of a formation of large bombers with a minimum of 8k load out running a noe? Ive think ive only heard once of lancasters doing it very early but i dont think it was very successful and i think one even got taken out from running into the debris of anothers bomb blast.

Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #236 on: June 24, 2010, 07:06:57 AM »
Ah been waiting on this.
As the furballers are so keen in pointing out - This is not RL.

I pointed out earlier Rl and realism are very subjective and very biased depending on which group you fall into.

i dont understand why this would be a "furballer" issue. Considering most of the good ones are on the deck and are 2 busy watching their 6s to really give a sht about whats going on on radar. Just thought i'd point that out.  :aok

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #237 on: June 24, 2010, 07:08:48 AM »
so which group do I fall into? I hate furballing and I hate mass NOE raids.

he doesnt even know. To him anyone who is not for easy mode smash and grabs is a furballer.  :huh

Offline Noah17

• Copper Member
« Reply #238 on: June 24, 2010, 07:24:41 AM »
I like the altitude of the new radar settings. I really don't like the extended ranges.
It turns the MA in to one big Dueling Arena. Everybody knows where everyone is at all times. I like the uncertainty of not knowing where the enemy is at times, it keeps you working to keep your six clear. Now with the new settings you can take off set auto level at a con and go to sleep until your both HO'ing each other.

I like flying FSO and occasionally AvA. The MA's can have a little of that feel without all the radar. Really, most times in WWII there was no radar to tell everyone where the bad guys are. The new extended ranges stink if I want the DA I'll go to the DA........

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: June 24, 2010, 07:44:01 AM »
I like the altitude of the new radar settings. I really don't like the extended ranges.
It turns the MA in to one big Dueling Arena. Everybody knows where everyone is at all times. I like the uncertainty of not knowing where the enemy is at times, it keeps you working to keep your six clear. Now with the new settings you can take off set auto level at a con and go to sleep until your both HO'ing each other.

I like flying FSO and occasionally AvA. The MA's can have a little of that feel without all the radar. Really, most times in WWII there was no radar to tell everyone where the bad guys are. The new extended ranges stink if I want the DA I'll go to the DA........
                                                                                                                                   /---------------------------
Yep. For squad night this weekend, the 91st will be towing a big banner behind our B17's saying ---HERE WE ARE, COME KILL US!
                                                                                                                                   \---------------------------
..of which I don't complain about the fight, I complain about the lack of "the hunt."
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"