Author Topic: New announcement: Radar Settings  (Read 14426 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: New announcement: Radar Settings
« Reply #285 on: June 25, 2010, 12:14:59 PM »
Ack-Ack,

Bases are undefended also because they are leaved so by players who
like other style of combat more.

:salute

Incorrect.  Those that used to engage in the 20-30 man NOE hord raids always targeted undefended bases because to do otherwise would invite something they try to avoid with these mass NOE raids...combat.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #286 on: June 25, 2010, 12:31:39 PM »
Adapt or leave?  Definitely not the right answer.  People playing the game is good.  People leaving the game is bad.  “Play my way or play offline” is B.S.

Aren't you one of those, "Get to the DA Furball Lake" guys? 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #287 on: June 25, 2010, 12:38:43 PM »
mobilis in mobile

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #288 on: June 25, 2010, 12:43:24 PM »
Aren't you one of those, "Get to the DA Furball Lake" guys? 
Furball lake is a paid subscriber area.

You have a point here?
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #289 on: June 25, 2010, 12:46:42 PM »
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:54:33 PM by lulu »
mobilis in mobile

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #290 on: June 25, 2010, 01:09:37 PM »
Furball lake is a paid subscriber area.

You have a point here?

I thought my point was clear. Anyway, guys of your ilk typically make statements like the following, "If you don't like NOE missions and the way we take bases then get out of the MA and get to the DA furball lake."  That is pretty much the same thing as what you are saying is bad right here:

Adapt or leave?  Definitely not the right answer.  People playing the game is good.  People leaving the game is bad.  “Play my way or play offline” is B.S.

AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #291 on: June 25, 2010, 01:43:26 PM »
Incorrect.  Those that used to engage in the 20-30 man NOE hord raids always targeted undefended bases because to do otherwise would invite something they try to avoid with these mass NOE raids...combat.

ack-ack

Yup!

Its kinda like having a huge alt. advantage and diving in on otherwise engaged planes at a lower alt.

Some call it flying "smart".
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #292 on: June 25, 2010, 01:48:25 PM »
I thought my point was clear. Anyway, guys of your ilk typically make statements like the following, "If you don't like NOE missions and the way we take bases then get out of the MA and get to the DA furball lake."  That is pretty much the same thing as what you are saying is bad right here:

My ilk?

Anyway, my last post was already way too close to a flame or troll, and I was considering withdrawing it.

Some vocal cliques on the forums need to accept that there are people who might want to explore different aspects of the game than fighter on fighter combat.

Live an let play. 
Claim Jumpers

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #293 on: June 25, 2010, 01:56:16 PM »
Some vocal cliques on the forums need to accept that there are people who might want to explore different aspects of the game than fighter on fighter combat.

that may be true, but the biggest division between players I see here is between those that look for combat (of any kind), and those who avoid it.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #294 on: June 25, 2010, 02:16:05 PM »
My ilk?

Anyway, my last post was already way too close to a flame or troll, and I was considering withdrawing it.

Live an let play.  

I have no issue with players exploring different aspects of the game as long as combat is involved.  (and even some times when no combat is involved such as field resupply which I do a lot of)

This game being about combat and all, it makes sense that players should be encouraged to fight each other, be it air, ground, or sea.

One thing that keeps coming up is players saying that they are being forced to 'furball'.

If you are attacking a base with the intent of capturing it and the base is well defended, would that be called a 'furball'?  

Do you consider having to shoot down enemy in order to capture a field 'furballing'?

To me a furball is a fight where players are enjoying the fight in and of itself.  Neither side is attempting to capture the other field and are enjoying the fight for fighting sake alone.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:47:16 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #295 on: June 25, 2010, 02:42:32 PM »

As Sunbat pointed out, your post is ripe with hypocrisy and irony.  You and your kind have always repeatedly told those that don't agree with your playing style to either start playing your way or move on.  You should learn to heed your own lessons before trying to impart them on others.

BTW-  I never told the whining OP to 'play my way', I only suggested he learn to adapt to the new changes.  Far different from your cries and the others like you.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #296 on: June 25, 2010, 02:49:08 PM »
My ilk?

Live an let play. 

Okay, so my point was made effectively enough for you to ignore it and place the broken record back on the turntable. Good. 

Just so you know, I love all aspects of this game - that involve a fight and/or competition.  You think you know me and those that you and your ilk refer to as "furballers" and you think that all we like is pure aerial combat. You are quite wrong about that and I can speak with some amount of authority being that I fly with a squad that would probably be one of the most likely to fall in your stereotypical category.  While we do enjoy the aerial combat aspect of the game the most,  we enjoy it all and can be found participating in all of it. We just hate seeing the game damaged by a style of game play that does not promote competition but rather deprives the game of players by focusing them into large groups who effectively become one large player that does not fight or compete.  

Anyway, spin that broken record and continue to lump ppl into big all-encompassing categories so you can easily dismiss their observations and opinions.  
AoM

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #297 on: June 25, 2010, 03:18:31 PM »
that may be true, but the biggest division between players I see here is between those that look for combat (of any kind), and those who avoid it.

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #298 on: June 25, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »
As Sunbat pointed out, your post is ripe with hypocrisy and irony.  You and your kind have always repeatedly told those that don't agree with your playing style to either start playing your way or move on.  You should learn to heed your own lessons before trying to impart them on others.

BTW-  I never told the whining OP to 'play my way', I only suggested he learn to adapt to the new changes.  Far different from your cries and the others like you.

ack-ack
Flame wars are pointless.

I do not recall anything about delivering any ultimatums, which doesn't mean I haven't.  I have flamed, though, and I now regret it.  I am not looking to "win teh forums."

You did basically distill it to "adapt or leave."  You and your kind have always repeatedly told those that don't agree with your playing style to either start playing your way or move on.  You should learn to heed your own lessons before trying to impart them on others.  (I couldn't come up with better words.)
Claim Jumpers

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #299 on: June 25, 2010, 03:42:47 PM »

ack-ack

Sorry, I had to re-post this.

Its one of the funniest statements I've read today, and there were quite a few!!