Author Topic: New announcement: Radar Settings  (Read 14373 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: New announcement: Radar Settings
« Reply #315 on: June 25, 2010, 11:37:35 PM »
Ya gotta love the history.  It keeps showing up everywhere I look now :)

"To avoid detection by German Radar, the planes tried to creep below the effective height of that equipment and this meant getting down to about 50 feet above the sea..."

65 feet sounds about right :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #316 on: June 26, 2010, 12:31:10 AM »
And you're complaining about my complaining while you're complaining yourself.  :rolleyes:

Again: anyone can insult when that's the game, the question is who is capable of reasoned discussion. There's no bringing down the level of Ack-Ack's discussion because it already started in the gutter (or as close as you can get without using banned language).

I'm not sure exactly where I was complaining in my "reasoned" observation of your comments. Just noted that of all the posts here you've sunk the lowest while attempting to be "reasoned" and adult.

Maybe when the school year starts again you will learn the definition of contradiction and hypocrisy. Oh and comprehension..  :aok
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #317 on: June 26, 2010, 12:31:18 AM »
Much of the criticism of NOE raids has always been misplaced. You don't fly NOE to avoid combat. You fly NOE to gain the advantage of surprise so as to win the ensuing combat. You can't possibly avoid combat flying so low that it takes all of ten seconds for the enemy to take off and engage you.

Bull.  I have seen the way your squadron operates on a nightly basis for some time now.  You guys are notorious for NOE hording a base, capturing it, and then landing real quick and moving to the other side of the map before the defenders who took off at the adjacent base can get there to attack you.  It's like clockwork.  I don't even bother upping to fight your full red dar hordes anymore because I know by the time I get there, the base will be yours and you guys will all have quickly landed and towered out leaving me with a desolate sector.  Hate to say it, but probably some of the worst game play I have ever seen in flight sims.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #318 on: June 26, 2010, 03:27:51 AM »
 author=grizz441 link=topic=291383.msg3711121#msg3711121 date=1277530278]
Grizz Quote[ Bull.  I have seen the way your squadron operates on a nightly basis for some time now.  You guys are notorious for NOE hording a base, capturing it, and then landing real quick and moving to the other side of the map before the defenders who took off at the adjacent base can get there to attack you.  It's like clockwork.  I don't even bother upping to fight your full red dar hordes anymore because I know by the time I get there, the base will be yours and you guys will all have quickly landed and towered out leaving me with a desolate sector.  Hate to say it, but probably some of the worst game play I have ever seen in flight sims.]

That statement Grizz is totally false. I do not recall the last time we took a base that wasn't defended. I see what your attitude is. If we do not run around in a 262 picking everyone off, we are not playing the game the way you want us too. I respect your obvious talent in fighters. I do not recall seeing you on the ground defending any of those bases. I think your comment was false and clearly out of line. I had alot of respect for you before you wrote this. You are like the other score hounds. If we are not flying in the furball allowing you to pad your kill scores, we are not playing the game to your liking. I have a new idea that HTC can come up with for you guys. Once a night all of the Bish can line up on a runway and allow you and your score hound partners to pick us all off to pad your scores for the night. And then we can go back to doing what we like to do.

I am not a fighter pilot. Your talent is without question in this game. I just think you really are out of line with your insults just because someone doesn't agree with changes the HTC made to the game.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 03:29:39 AM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #319 on: June 26, 2010, 03:38:01 AM »
Grizz, as much time as you spend in 262s I get a big laugh from you saying anyone else is afraid to fight. When you're not in a 262 you're in a K4 so you can pick and  run run run as soon as you don't have a 5k alt advantage. Stay in real (i.e., prop-driven) planes and get down and dirty and mix it up and then I'll have a shred of respect for you. But that will never happen because you might actually drop from # 1 fighter to # 10 or 15 and being the worst score ho in the game you just can't bear to let that happen. And yeah, I know you're a good pilot and could kick my butt in a fair fight - that only makes your neo-maxi-zoom-dweebery all the more pathetic.

Over and out  :bolt:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 03:39:46 AM by Crash Orange »

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #320 on: June 26, 2010, 03:47:41 AM »
It's always amusing reading a post from a member of The Devil's Rejects pronounce how much they enjoy 'combat' when they do nothing but try and avoid it at every step.  I'm sure we'll be seeing you and the other Rejects at 35k in bombers bombing some undefended base and trying as hard as you can to avoid combat.  Just like you and the others were trying to do last night, though I shouldn't complain...not often do I win a 7v1 fight or rack up so many kills in just a few sorties.

ack-ack

What a statement!!! Too bad it is totally false. Go look at the individual scores for our squad.  Look at my score! It is not a really good score. Look at the kill/death numbers for all of the members of the squad. We all get killed  trying to take bases.
I have at this time on the current tour  238 kills and 248 deaths. I got the 248 deaths trying to take those undefended bases you talked about. I got the 238 kills trying to take those undefended bases you talked about. If the statement that you Grizz and others made about our squad running from fights and only taking undefended bases was true. Then our kills and deaths really low. This is not the case. Actually for most members of the squad the death rate is higher than the kill rate. How does that happen when you say that we only take undefended bases?

The squad is actually the Devils "v" Brigade now.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 03:56:41 AM by sky25 »

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #321 on: June 26, 2010, 04:29:30 AM »
neo-maxi-zoom-dweebery

:lol

That's a new one. 

As for the dar. I've been finding more cartoon airplane fights more often. I dig it.
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #322 on: June 26, 2010, 04:37:27 AM »
that custom font still giving you trouble there ink?  :lol

:P

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #323 on: June 26, 2010, 11:31:20 AM »
Where's the popcorn smiley when you need it?! :eek:

Love the dar though, seeing the cons from much farther allows some great furballs to ensue.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2010, 11:35:06 AM »
Grizz, as much time as you spend in 262s I get a big laugh from you saying anyone else is afraid to fight. When you're not in a 262 you're in a K4 so you can pick and  run run run as soon as you don't have a 5k alt advantage. Stay in real (i.e., prop-driven) planes and get down and dirty and mix it up and then I'll have a shred of respect for you. But that will never happen because you might actually drop from # 1 fighter to # 10 or 15 and being the worst score ho in the game you just can't bear to let that happen. And yeah, I know you're a good pilot and could kick my butt in a fair fight - that only makes your neo-maxi-zoom-dweebery all the more pathetic.

Over and out  :bolt:

I wouldn't have posted about, as Sunbat would say, your ilk if I hadn't witnessed your dweebery too many times to count over the past year.  Thx for the tip though, but German iron is for men.   :aok

Actually for most members of the squad the death rate is higher than the kill rate. How does that happen when you say that we only take undefended bases?

I would explain why that is, but it would be rather insulting, so I'll pass.   :aok
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 11:42:51 AM by grizz441 »

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #325 on: June 26, 2010, 11:52:52 AM »
I would explain why that is, but it would be rather insulting, so I'll pass.   :aok

I had to pass on this as well.

Too easy.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline whipster22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #326 on: June 26, 2010, 12:09:58 PM »
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 12:58:09 PM by whipster22 »
just dewbing up the bbs
baby seal

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #327 on: June 26, 2010, 12:20:08 PM »
I guess we won't see this anymore  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwKpKAMKJBU&feature=related

we will see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_URHNGCgww&feature=related

Just leave the drones at home,use more real pilots, problem solved
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #328 on: June 26, 2010, 12:46:03 PM »
I wouldn't have posted about, as Sunbat would say, your ilk if I hadn't witnessed your dweebery too many times to count over the past year.  Thx for the tip though, but German iron is for men.   :aok

I would explain why that is, but it would be rather insulting, so I'll pass.   :aok

Thats ok Grizz. Insulting people seems to be what you enjoy the most. You cannot explain it. Thats why you passed. You said that I only take undefended bases and run away from all fights. My scores clearly show that your statement is false. I have seen what you score dweebs do. As soon as you get below 5k and it starts getting hot, you turn and run back to base for fear of getting shot down and losing your kills. Because the score is the most important thing to you..
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 12:53:05 PM by sky25 »

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #329 on: June 26, 2010, 12:51:46 PM »
If all I cared about was attacking undefended bases, my scores would be very good. They are not because I get killed alot trying to attack those undefended bases you talk about.

No, they wouldn't be good at all.