Author Topic: New announcement: Radar Settings  (Read 14464 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: New announcement: Radar Settings
« Reply #330 on: June 26, 2010, 12:55:03 PM »
I gotta agree with Grizz on this one.  I stopped chasing the noe horde hoppers awhile back myself.  I'm afraid you may have missed a finer point in that.  No I'm not out there in the dirt fighting it out because as soon as we try to, the base is captured, you all tower out and we are left over an empty enemy base.  It's the noe horde HOPPERS that I prefer not to bother with.  You wanna do an noe horde then take the next one and the next one adjacent to it, fantastic, now we can have a fight.  Personally I prefer to play mostly as a defender, it's just silly to hop all over the map imo.  <S> Gentelmen
Wag more, bark less.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #331 on: June 26, 2010, 01:07:23 PM »
Thats ok Grizz. Insulting people seems to be what you enjoy the most. You cannot explain it. Thats why you passed. You said that I only take undefended bases and run away from all fights. My scores clearly show that your statement is false. I have seen what you score dweebs do. As soon as you get below 5k and it starts getting hot, you turn and run back to base for fear of getting shot down and losing your kills. Because the score is the most important thing to you..

Ouch.

He seems to have you pegged Grizz...  Everybody knows that if Grizz can't cherry pick from alt or is out numbered he immediately runs home trying to protect his score.  That is his reputation in the community.   :rolleyes:

FYI Sky, your score, and your squads score, DO tell us something.  

I am quite positive you don't know what that is or why.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #332 on: June 26, 2010, 01:14:41 PM »
Thats ok Grizz. Insulting people seems to be what you enjoy the most.

I'm sorry if I insulted you.  I merely pointed out my observations of what your squadron has done on a consistent nightly basis for the past year.  If that fact is insulting, then maybe you should change the way you go about things, oh wait, HTC already did that for ya.   :aok

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #333 on: June 26, 2010, 02:12:17 PM »
Ouch.

He seems to have you pegged Grizz...  Everybody knows that if Grizz can't cherry pick from alt or is out numbered he immediately runs home trying to protect his score.  That is his reputation in the community.   :rolleyes:

FYI Sky, your score, and your squads score, DO tell us something.  

I am quite positive you don't know what that is or why.

Speaking for myself. I do not care if my score is 400 or 2000 at the end of the tour. I just enjoy playing the game the way I like to play it. I am a terrible fighter pilot and would like to get better. I get shot down alot, I salute the person who did it, and move on. My scores mean nothing to me. The only reason I brought up kills and deaths was because some folks said that we do not stay and fight. This is not the case. We took a heavily defended base last night using combination fighters and Gv's. It was a good fight and I got killed several times, and I killed just as many. We didn't use NOE tactics. That same base was taken right back from us while we were defending. It was a fun battle. Many of our base takes do not use NOE tactics. Actually we do alot of base takes using GV's. That is what I enjoy about the game. You have many different options. But a few in the community only want furball fights. I have actually studied some of the tactics on the Muppet's web Site. And watched many of Grizz's films. I was somewhat surprised by the responses of some people on this forum. If you make a comment that others do not agree with, instead of making a rational adult response, they insult and flame. At the end of the day, we all have to agree that Aces High is a very fun game to play...My wife doesn't agree with that statement some days...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:21:45 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #334 on: June 26, 2010, 02:19:54 PM »
Grizz, as much time as you spend in 262s I get a big laugh from you saying anyone else is afraid to fight. When you're not in a 262 you're in a K4 so you can pick and  run run run as soon as you don't have a 5k alt advantage. Stay in real (i.e., prop-driven) planes and get down and dirty and mix it up and then I'll have a shred of respect for you. But that will never happen because you might actually drop from # 1 fighter to # 10 or 15 and being the worst score ho in the game you just can't bear to let that happen. And yeah, I know you're a good pilot and could kick my butt in a fair fight - that only makes your neo-maxi-zoom-dweebery all the more pathetic.

Over and out  :bolt:

Try him one on one in the DA?

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #335 on: June 26, 2010, 02:40:16 PM »
Does never exist a pilot that would have a behavior different from Grizzly ones?

Have You never watched hawks vs swarm of little birds?

c'mon

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #336 on: June 26, 2010, 02:53:40 PM »
I didn't say rank sky...

I pay zero attention to rank.

Some stats do paint a picture on the pilot, how they fly, and how good they are.

Lets look at Grizz.

Grizz
Kills per Death + 1               13.75
Kills per Sortie                         4.60    
Kills per Hour of Flight       16.34

So what does this tell us?

Grizz kills a whole heck of a lot more than he dies.  (which could mean 'good' or could mean 'timid' so lets look at the other two stats)

Almost 5 kills per sortie means he is pretty durn active each and every hop.  (almost rules out 'timid' right there)

16 kills per hour means he doesn't waste much time as that is a kill every 3 almost 4 min. (nope, not 'timid')

So going by Grizz's stats he doesn't grab much, is usually in the thick of things, and obviously does quite well killing far more than dying.

Players that grabs to the moon and pick/run usually had a low kill/hour score.  (dead give away)

Players with a high kill/hour score are usually mixing it up quite a bit.

If you run across a player with a high k/d, k/s and k/h then be careful as they probably know what they are doing.

If only one of the 3 is high but the other two are low then they probably are not really good in a straight up even 1 on 1.

If any 2 of the 3 are good it could go either way and they may or may not be a good fight 1 on 1.  (I then usually look at their plane picks and that will tell me a bit as well)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #337 on: June 26, 2010, 07:55:42 PM »
For what it's worth, I was up against a few Devils in a base defense, last night.  Good, fair fights.  Too many holes in my plane.  :salute

What's up with the hubris?  It's a game.  Everyone should have fun.

Sorry for my occasional troll like tendencies.  Sometimes, I compulsively post.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #338 on: June 26, 2010, 08:05:01 PM »
Hey look.. I myself being so close to Grizz's K/D ratio, which is ummm.. lets see... (X)Up x (Q)fight x (A) (for always die).. Divided by (Y) (maybe I got a proxy before I bailed) to the square root of (E) (for everyone) The number of sticks better than me.   =  (     ?     )    Oh crap, never mind I don't think I'll be judging Grizze's methods.. But trust me... I'm uber dude...

(Grizz, this is not and ankle hump.... You Jerk)  :D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 08:12:11 PM by Tarstar »

Offline Sperky

• Copper Member
« Reply #339 on: June 26, 2010, 09:28:54 PM »

'nuf said...
Taco Cat spelled backward is Taco Cat

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #340 on: June 26, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
^ great photoshop of a great movie  :lol
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #341 on: June 26, 2010, 09:42:41 PM »
^ great photoshop of a great movie  :lol

:rofl  yep
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #342 on: June 27, 2010, 08:51:27 AM »
Well I finally got to spend some time flying with the new dar system in place. While it was a bit easier to "find" bad guys, it wasn't any easier to fight them. These guys that use to hide under dar now run away or to friends the first second a red guy shows up.

I didn't see too many FHs taken out, but a lot of dar was down, unfortunately it was taken down by a new squad that was formed. I think their name is "The Lawndarters"  :rolleyes: To bad radar can't just pop back up if the guy who took it down suicides doing it.

Did get to have a few good fights, and helped take a base..... I know, I'm a "land grabber" but it's a part of the game!  :P Lots of GV fights going by the numbers in the arenas ( I did get to play in both) Numbers in the air were way off from what was logged in. I think once the dust settles this will be very good for the game, Lusche may even get his tank town battles back. Inexperienced players can't hide under dar any more so maybe they will go back to the old way of learning the game by trying to hide under trees instead.

WTG HTC!

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #343 on: June 27, 2010, 05:30:15 PM »
Ive noticed a load more gvs too :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #344 on: June 27, 2010, 06:58:44 PM »
Inexperienced players can't hide under dar any more so maybe they will go back to the old way of learning the game by trying to hide under trees instead.
WTG HTC!

Or maybe they'll learn to use altitude to hide from real fights like the "experienced" players do.

There were and still are more guys hiding from real combat using other means than there EVER were supposedly hiding from combat using noe as a tactic.

Lowering the radar to 65 ft. supposedly to "promote combat" ???? LOL!! Thats a really bad joke.

WTG HTC!!  :rofl :rofl

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP