Author Topic: Just an observation...........  (Read 606 times)

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
Just an observation...........
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:18:04 PM »
So I am sitting here at work waiting for roll-call and reading the forums.  Yes, the topics discussing the tinkering with radar,waiting for new maps,bringing old maps back, and the age old ENY debate.  Now hold that thought.  I continue to read a few other topics and the "we are losing the player base" and the "to keep the new players interested......" comments are quite abundant.  It became apparent to me that this game we all love, and in some instances love to hate, is indeed alive and well.  I believe it is fair enough to say that at some point in our cartoon aviator careers, we have all pushed the stick away in disgust  :furious and logged, vowing to exit stage right.  This game is like that best friend you've had since pre-k.  You can get mad at it, cuss at it, throw a punch at it and talk smack about it.  In the end you shake hands and it's like nothing ever happened.  AH is alive and well......it just needs a prescription now and again to cure it's ills.   :salute   

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: Just an observation...........
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 02:36:51 PM »
this has been going on in cycles for ten+ years. 
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 04:17:39 PM »
Good thread.  Very positive.  :salute

Now for the wet blanket...

How is the trend away from desk top computers and lap tops towards IPads and such going to affect the game?  It is just starting, and may not go too far, but who knows?   There is the ongoing migration to dedicated game platforms (XBox, PS3, etc.) to consider also. 

I am in the game for the foreseeable future, but I am old.  And geeky enough to admire the guys who debate ballistics, prop weights and horsepowers.   :salute
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 07:39:22 PM »
The old saying......only time will tell, comes to mind.  This gaming community that we all call home is an example of the bigger picture.  Every generation has gone through a huge advancement in technology.  It seems to me that those advancements are coming harder and faster than they ever have before.  I'm with your line of thought Rufus.  Our gaming platforms will change.  They already have in some form or fashion.  Im sure that at some point in the probally not-so-distant future our current gaming machines will be viewed with the same fond rememberance of my old apple I took my first computer class with back in 1984  :old:  I know two truths that IMO apply here: 1.  You cant stop progress and 2.  All good things must come to an end.  I just hope the later is not for years to come.  We all have a good thing here and just like so many times in real life we take the important things for granted.  Only to turn around one day and wonder what the heck happened.  So for now, I'll just sit back, taking the bad with the good and enjoy the ride that AH has given me.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 05:36:58 PM »
And have a Baconator :rofl :rofl

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 05:44:16 PM »
......it just needs a prescription now and again to cure it's ills.   :salute    

Make mine Advil