Author Topic: xp  (Read 639 times)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
xp
« on: November 20, 2001, 07:13:00 AM »
was thinking of upgrading to xp this weekend. is there somewhere i can find a list of unsuported hardwwaaree or do i just need to go to the site for each of my components to see if they will be compatable

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
xp
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2001, 08:10:00 AM »
I'm lazy and not searching 4 the link but goto the XP homepage.  You can find the Windows Hardware Compatibility list and check your different hardware.  If you don't see your hardware, check their site and see if they have any work arounds.  For instance my racing wheel doesn't have drivers but on their site they say add it as a 4 button joystick and it works just fine.

One last note:  If you have a DirectCD/Easy Creator software by Roxio  (version 3 or 4) it WILL NOT work in XP.  I got screwed by having several back up files on DirectCD written disk that XP will not read now.  Version 5 of that software (u have to buy) works with 2 fixes attached but I don't know if it allows u to read CD's created with earlier versions well or not.

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
xp
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2001, 09:07:00 AM »
...on the other hand the Pro version just does it from File Explorer (burning that is) - no third party software required...

It also recognised my USB setup (CH Fighterstick/ProThrottle) yesterday although CH say they have no drivers for XP as yet. Controller's not working though  :(

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: -lynx- ]

Offline metronom

• Copper Member
xp
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2001, 12:25:00 PM »
here you go:

download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Utility/1.0/WXP/ENUS/UpgAdv.exe

its the compatility test for XP.

P.S. don't get scared if it says that half of your stuff doesn't work. I easy found new drivers for my hardware. And with F1 as help button in XP you can try to reinstall your hardware.

sailor

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
xp
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2001, 04:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by -lynx-:
...on the other hand the Pro version just does it from File Explorer (burning that is) - no third party software required...
[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: -lynx- ]

Yes but if it's music, it burns it off in wma format that you can't change, which may not work with CD players home/car.

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
xp
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2001, 05:08:00 AM »
Uh-oh... From experience I have found that the older WinOnCD was the best for music :(

I used to just copy the songs I liked onto a car CD compilations - it was nice and easy. But the blasted thing is not working under W2K/XP :( And Nero sucks big time where user friendliness is concerned...