Author Topic: M4 76's front armor too strong?  (Read 4709 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: M4 76's front armor too strong?
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2010, 09:35:59 PM »
Because:
"It's a wasted trip baby, nobody said anything about locking horns with no Tigahs!
A Tigah's got one weak spot, and that's it's ass, you gotta hit point blank and you gotta hit it from behind!"

@Ack Ack
your post states "A" Cromwell fired "A" 75mm and knocked out THIS tiger. the crom shot FROM BEHIND the tiger piercing THE REAR of the turret.
IF the gun on the tiger is pointing TO THE REAR  and the crom approached FROM THE REAR, how is the crom supposed to hit THE REAR OF THE TURRET of THIS tiger when it is now pointing towards the front?

The Tigers were attacked by two companies of the 10th Mounted Rifles from two sides.  If you want the full details, just search for the Battle of Jort on August 15, 1944.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Sperky

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2010, 09:39:28 PM »
your post states "A" Cromwell fired "A" 75mm and knocked out THIS tiger. the crom shot FROM BEHIND the tiger piercing THE REAR of the turret.
IF the gun on the tiger is pointing TO THE REAR  and the crom approached FROM THE REAR, how is the crom supposed to hit THE REAR OF THE TURRET of THIS tiger when it is now pointing towards the front?

mmm...let's see...  the Tiger's turret appears to be pointing to its own rear, (unless you're going to argue that the front of a Tiger was angled at 90degrees) slightly to its own 5 oclock position, and the hole appears to be on the backside of the turret.  I would guess that the weapon that put the hole in the turret, then, had to be at the 7 oclock position of the Tiger.  So, yeah... the shot was taken at the rear of the Tiger.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:44:12 PM by Sperky »
Taco Cat spelled backward is Taco Cat

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2010, 09:44:58 PM »
The Tigers were attacked by two companies of the 10th Mounted Rifles from two sides.  If you want the full details, just search for the Battle of Jort on August 15, 1944.

ack-ack

so now ur saying this tiger was attacked by a companie and not by a single tank!

and where in the pic is the entrance hole?

thanks
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »
so now ur saying this tiger was attacked by a companie and not by a single tank!

and where in the pic is the entrance hole?

thanks

The German Tigers (there were 4 Tigers along with other German APVs) were engaged by two companies of the 10th Mounted Rifles and a battle commenced.  One of the companies managed to get behind the Tigers, resulting in one Tiger being completely knocked out (entire crew killed, which is the Tiger in the picture I posted) and a 2nd Tiger was damaged and abandoned in place.  Because the Tigers were now being attacked from two sides, they were forced, along with the other German APVs were to withdraw, exposing them completely to the Polish company to their front.  The remaining Tigers were able to knock out 3 Cromwells and successfully fought their way out.

In the picture I posted, you see 4 soldiers climbing on the Tiger and inspecting it, that was teh crew of the Cromwell that knocked it out.  If you look at the back hatch (the piece the man is sittingo n) on the turret, you'll see the impact hole.  Again, as for the direction of the turret, it could have been a result of the impact to the turret.

Maybe if I was to make a video of it and put it up on YouTube, it will be believable?

ack-ack
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:29:02 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Sperky

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2010, 08:10:10 AM »
Maybe if I was to make a video of it and put it up on YouTube, it will be believable?

:rofl

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are- that's just funny...

Taco Cat spelled backward is Taco Cat

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2010, 12:10:59 AM »

WHAT THE MAN IS SITTING ON!!!!!! :O

The man on the far left of the photo looking at the camera man, yes?

Seriously dude, you're on drugs...right!
You clearly know nothing about Tiger tanks?

THAT...IS...NOT...A...HATCH!
that's a storage compartment, like its twin on the other side.

the hatch, in your photo,  is the light white colored portion of the photo to THAT soldiers left.
and as you can see in the photo, it is untouched!

and since you mentioned the tube, why don't you go here and watch this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzLRbDzk3mk&feature=related
go to min 1:27 and see the REAL hatch. The escape hatch, that is.

or this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY_5c0mBXok&feature=related
and go to min 1:42 and 2:15

Face it ack...you just don't know what your talking about do you!!

oh, and i did google the battle, all i got was a pdf about the units history and no mention of tigers.
where did you get this photo please?

In the picture I posted, you see 4 soldiers climbing on the Tiger and inspecting it, that was teh crew of the Cromwell that knocked it out.  If you look at the back hatch (the piece the man is sittingo n) on the turret, you'll see the impact hole.  Again, as for the direction of the turret, it could have been a result of the impact to the turret.

ack-ack
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2010, 09:16:21 AM »
This has gone beyond the scope of a bug report.  Please take the discussion to the General.

- Sudz