Author Topic: SEEING bugs in new RADAR set-up  (Read 2326 times)

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
Re: SEEING bugs in new RADAR set-up
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 04:23:34 PM »
I do believe I've found another one. The actual base doesn't start flashing till i believe what used to be the old dar ring. You can see the dot, but you don't see the base flash. It's kind of irritating sometimes.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 04:25:05 PM »
I do believe I've found another one. The actual base doesn't start flashing till i believe what used to be the old dar ring. You can see the dot, but you don't see the base flash. It's kind of irritating sometimes.

That's no bug. Warning range is an independent setting.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 04:27:12 PM »
I think I seen something like this happen yesterday, a couple of cons came in over the field at around 8k while radar was down, but did not show any dar bar in that sector until they got past the field still inside the dar ring.  Thought it was just me, but a couple of others confirmed it as well.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »
That's no bug. Warning range is an independent setting.

How do you change it then??

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »

How do you change it then??

By changing it in the arena settings.. if you are allowed to ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 11:01:20 PM »
Only change I would like to see is that low level bombers such as a20's, b26's and bostond be able to fly in formation below 65'   :headscratch:
:cry :cry :cry

How is that a whine?

Con alt should at least be tied to a bit above minimum drone altitude.  Flying below dar should be possible, even with drones.  Otherwise, just make the minimum 0 feet to even it up for everyone.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2010, 08:04:20 PM »
yea masher is just a doink on my radar.    Drones should fly with the lead plane.  Period. Other wise that pilot has a desk job. Hey masher ride the  :banana:   :bolt:
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline wasp3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »
This whole new radar thing is ruining the game.  :frown:   No more noe missions with bombers overland, :mad: Long flights into enemy territory between radars gone :frown:,very difficult to fly between trees even with fighters since some trees higher than 60 ft. :furious  Please go back to old radar scheme HT,, this one is No Good..even for furballers :salute  Wasp3

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2010, 08:10:20 AM »
When testing and you think you had 60, how did you test because I see no reason why it would not be exactly 65.

Also update rate is a minimum of 2 secs. closer planes update faster then planes a long ways away.

How many people are online can change the update rate of distance planes.

HiTech

O.o

Serious? 

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2010, 09:06:20 AM »
This whole new radar thing is ruining the game.  :frown:   No more noe missions with bombers overland, :mad: Long flights into enemy territory between radars gone :frown:,very difficult to fly between trees even with fighters since some trees higher than 60 ft. :furious  Please go back to old radar scheme HT,, this one is No Good..even for furballers :salute  Wasp3

Never happen, gone, forget about it, live with it, on and on......... :(
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2010, 12:00:15 PM »
Frankly I could care less how low it is, just knock the DAR down first before any action on that base takes place. I would like to see it update faster and have the DAR bar proportionately more accurate as to what is in the air.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2010, 12:33:56 PM »
yea masher is just a doink on my radar.    Drones should fly with the lead plane.  Period. Other wise that pilot has a desk job. Hey masher ride the  :banana:   :bolt:

Anytime NOE Sally.    Keep crying because I'm still laughing.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 12:43:31 PM »

Wrong.   But you keep telling yourself that as us "furballers" destroy your NOE attempts.    But, even if we don't do that, we only have to get the goon and they cry about being "hunted".    The toolshedders are the only ones whining.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2010, 10:55:24 AM »
Wrong.   But you keep telling yourself that as us "furballers" destroy your NOE attempts.    But, even if we don't do that, we only have to get the goon and they cry about being "hunted".    The toolshedders are the only ones whining.

If he was soooo good at destroying them then he wouldn't hate the NOE so much.  By the way mash I might do like 2 NOE's a year.   :neener:
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2010, 01:10:11 PM »
Go fly and test with another person.
Film your flight.
Have them confirm over VOX when your dot becomes visible
Save Film
Watch film
Stop film at point above.
Look at your altitude in the film viewer.

Keep in mind that there are delay issues with all of this...your client needs to send a position report to the server, the server then needs to parse it, sift through the other clients as it sends it back out, then those clients need to process the push message..before finally updating the display...and all this back and forth is crossing tons of network switches...

All in all its a whole bunch of clock cycles on a whole bunch of computers and hardware along the way...