Author Topic: Not just another CAP complaint...  (Read 557 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Not just another CAP complaint...
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 08:43:50 PM »
I dont have a cap issue myself.  I pick an arena and play.  What I was saying is the reason HTC gave for the cap in the first place is directly contradicted by setting both at 400.  The whole point of the cap is new subscribers.  They saw a larger retention of new players with the arena caps.  What im saying is if HTC feels that both arenas capped at 400 works why have the floating cap at all.  400 is obviously within their acceptable limit of players per arena so why does it need to be lowered?   Like i said im not complaining about the cap itself, its the reason given for the cap that does not make sense.  Guess it doesnt need to make sense to me, I know im part of the majority.

The cap has to float up and down to try and keep the two LW arena more evenly populated there by giving the MOST people a chance at fun. If you set the cap at 400 and 500 people show up 400 WILL be in one arena and the other 100 will quickly be on the phone to complain to HTC! So you have 100 people NOT having fun

The cap must be there because as the numbers in the arena got past 500 routinely it was beginning to have a negative effect on subscription retention. I just logged in to TT to see how it was with the new dar (I normally don't play on TT due to the crap I see going on) Nothing has really changed. I don't know why when the numbers climb the crap multiplies even faster. It's sad really.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Not just another CAP complaint...
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 08:56:04 PM »
I don't know why when the numbers climb the crap multiplies even faster. It's sad really.

There have been many studies on overcrowding.  I believe one such study showed rats becoming more and more aggressive and cannibalistic as the population got larger but the environment stayed the same size.  I can only imagine that the not-so-mature Internet tuffboyz fly off the handle that much quicker if there are too many of them in one arena at the same time.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals