Author Topic: Destroyed Trains  (Read 204 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Destroyed Trains
« on: December 26, 2012, 02:10:29 AM »
On Compello map the knit factories are damaged (somewhere between 14-40%) yet when the trains are destroyed the message received is:

There are no destroyed factories that are supplied by this train/convoy.

Like the truck convoys it also reports the train will be down for 600 minutes yet another one comes along in 10 minutes.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
Re: Destroyed Trains
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 01:47:18 PM »
A couple of things:

Trains/convoys can be built into the terrain to either supply as specified object like a factory or field without regard to where the track/road ends; or the train/convoy can resupply objects within a specified radius of the track/road's end point.  There is also a third possibility that the train/convoy is just there for "looks" and does not resupply anything.  It could be that the server can not tell what is resupplied by trains/convoys that use radius, or the train/convoy destroyed was just there for "looks" and does not supply anything.

Trains, like convoys, are created every 10 minutes (600 seconds) and they take 10 minutes to go from their source to their destination.  If the train is half way to its destination when destroyed, a new train will appear at the source in 5 minutes.  Likewise, if the train was one minute from reaching its destination, the new train will be at the source in one minute.  Therefore, as it is now, the reported down times is how long the new train will take to reach the spot it was destroyed.

It would be nice to get some insight on how it works for those of us that make terrains.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Destroyed Trains
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »
I posted this because I noticed this on every map I have played on since achievements have been introduced. The convoys especially do not seem to be tied to any particular point even though they are clearly intended for a specific base (Montis bases all report the same message when a convoy is destroyed).

MachNix: Note that I reported Minutes and not Seconds. When a train or convoy is destroyed the host reports the convoy will be down 600 minutes and not 600 seconds. This is something I have reported even before the new trains and it started about the time of the new strat system.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.