Author Topic: Enough is Enough  (Read 4083 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Enough is Enough
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »
Okay, I have been playing too long not to know what "picking" is exactly.  I come in with superior altitude in my P39D over Spit8, Bf109k4 and Nik2.  I have my pick of whichever one seems to be most vulnerable or my best chance to attack and get back to my perch.  Is this picking?  Or when I am attacking the Spit8 and the Bf109k4 rockets vertical to ruffle my bottom feathers, is that picking?  

You're fighting a Spitfire Mk VIII and another bandit 'engages' you while you're fighting the Spitfire, that is "picking" which is just short for "Cherry Picking".  

The scenario you described of flying a P-39 and flying over a Spitfire Mk VIII, Bf 109K-4 and N1K2 and engaging would be referred to as 'bouncing' the enemy and not "picking" as it's numerically impossible to "pick" a plane by yourself.  If you're fighting those multiple bandits described in your scenario, it would be impossible to "pick" a bandit while he was fighting someone else as there was no one else to fight other than  you.

I have a long list of names of players and their aircraft that I don't question their skills or abilities.  You happen to be one of them unless you shoot me down  :lol then I must demean you, even if I am not up to your level of play.  :neener:

:aok

ack-ack
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:18:21 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2010, 06:11:42 PM »
Want to keep out of the sight's of a P-38 when you see one just turn he wont follow for long as you will eventually out turn him I'v done it so can you.

But if you aint seeing them till you are shot down by one try looking above and behind you more often.

you may find you wont get shot down by a P38 so much  :lol :lol  :rock :rock

The above has been typed by a person without absolutely no knowledge on how to fight against a P-38, so I would refrain from taking any suggestions the above poster may have offered.

ack-ack

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2010, 06:35:04 PM »
Want to keep out of the sight's of a P-38 when you see one just turn he wont follow for long as you will eventually out turn him I'v done it so can you.

But if you aint seeing them till you are shot down by one try looking above and behind you more often.

you may find you wont get shot down by a P38 so much  :lol :lol  :rock :rock

Oh and in level flight trim you'r plane out so that your rudder is turned slightly to the left or right thus creating an illusion that your heading in a straight line ahead when realy you are flying along at an angle. P.S wont work if you fly straight and level with Auto Level On :)

It's an old WW2 trick that i heard of from an RAF pilot from the Battle Of France. It was on Time Team a few years back when they where excavating a Spitfire's remain's in France   :) :)  ;)  ;)  :D :D

Ill take your advice. What plane do you do this most in? Spit16, La7, Tempest?
Strokes

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2010, 06:55:26 PM »

Spit 16 it's good for turn an so-forth take ack ack what he may have said is true but you don't know till you try it do you ack ack ??????

But remember if your triming out your rudder to skew your plane don't use auto level you have to have complete control at all time's and it's harder to do than in a real aircraft.

And Oh ack ack after watching showdown air-combat one night it was Richard Ira Bong's fight's that where showing and he was America's Top Ace With 40 Kill's in the P-38 and god knows how many shared and damaged :) and he even said DONT turn fight a P38 Its SUICIDE You Dive and Zoom Use its superior speed he said.

And if you dumb enougth not to take his advice on the P-38 then You DUMBER Than i thought you where.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Bong

Here if you read here you may find links to how Richard Ira Bong fought in his P-38. Thus you may Learn on how to counteract the P-38.
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »

Remember a Lighter aircraft will always out turn the Heavy's. The only thing to look out for when trying to out turn the P-38 In a Spitfire is don't let him PULL LEAD SHOT on you. Cos the P-38 Driver's in WW2 Would Only turn with their opponent as-long as they could keep their nose out ahead of him.

So from the Start of your turn use 75% power and then after 2 turn's power up to full power and if necessary use wep. But only initiate the turn if he is diving on you. Then he may not follow at-all into the turn for he may be too fast. But above all keep looking back and above and back every 6 seconds or less when you are in combat.  :rock  :salute

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »
Ack-Ack knows how to fly a 38 quite well, as hes been in it for some time.  :)
Remember a Lighter aircraft will always out turn the Heavy's. The only thing to look out for when trying to out turn the P-38 In a Spitfire is don't let him PULL LEAD SHOT on you. Cos the P-38 Driver's in WW2 Would Only turn with their opponent as-long as they could keep their nose out ahead of him.

So from the Start of your turn use 75% power and then after 2 turn's power up to full power and if necessary use wep. But only initiate the turn if he is diving on you. Then he may not follow at-all into the turn for he may be too fast. But above all keep looking back and above and back every 6 seconds or less when you are in combat.  :rock  :salute
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:25:01 PM by crazierthanu »
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 07:24:20 PM »
Spit 16 it's good for turn an so-forth take ack ack what he may have said is true but you don't know till you try it do you ack ack ??????

But remember if your triming out your rudder to skew your plane don't use auto level you have to have complete control at all time's and it's harder to do than in a real aircraft.

And Oh ack ack after watching showdown air-combat one night it was Richard Ira Bong's fight's that where showing and he was America's Top Ace With 40 Kill's in the P-38 and god knows how many shared and damaged :) and he even said DONT turn fight a P38 Its SUICIDE You Dive and Zoom Use its superior speed he said.

And if you dumb enougth not to take his advice on the P-38 then You DUMBER Than i thought you where.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Bong

Here if you read here you may find links to how Richard Ira Bong fought in his P-38. Thus you may Learn on how to counteract the P-38.

Flying the P-38 exclusively for over 17 years in various online flight sims, I kind of know how to counter the P-38 as well as fight in it.  I also know that what you posted is 100% hog wash as it's all generalizations without any substance.

So from the Start of your turn use 75% power and then after 2 turn's power up to full power and if necessary use wep. But only initiate the turn if he is diving on you. Then he may not follow at-all into the turn for he may be too fast. But above all keep looking back and above and back every 6 seconds or less when you are in combat.  :rock  :salute

The above comments is why I encourage people to over look your advice and ignore it.  I'm sorry to say but your comments clearly show that you do not know 1) How to fly the P-38, let alone fight in it and 2) How to counter the P-38 if fighting against one.

ack-ack

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2010, 07:32:14 PM »
I dont think you should be telling how to fly or fight in a 38, as hes had 10+ years of experience in it.

Not telling how to fly P-38 Telling how to Try and combat it in a Spitfire as to witch i have done many a time's against a P-38 pilot in this game.

I have only been shot down by a P-38 10 time's in 2 year's of this game and 7 of those where the other night in th M/A Blue arena base was under attack from a hoard of P-38's and got killed on the runway 7 time's before i went to another base to intercept them. and once i intercepted them they where reasonably easy to kill. And when i had one on my six i went into a tight turn and was followed for around 2 turn's then he broke-off. But when they left to land Kill's I don't bother chasing them as they will out run me.

Now P-38 pilots in this game may argue with me but these are the tactic's i use in a Spitfire mk 8 to mk16 and have worked. But hey i have been killed as the pilot has allot of experience in the P-38 hell i even fly it.

Now remember im A Spitfire pilot in this game so my Dogfighting tactic's will be different to a P-38 pilot's Say.
But at the end of the day it's a learning curve and each time you get shot down you learn oh i shouldn't  do that again.

Oh and Ask Ronbo1 and molerat how good i am in a Spitfire i can turn inside them and they fly brewster's and Hurri's
Not boasting just stating a fact guy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2010, 07:37:39 PM »
I have only been shot down by a P-38 10 time's in 2 year's of this game.
Not boasting just stating a fact guy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about sticking a big target on your head

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2010, 07:38:44 PM »
a P-38 pilot in this game.

3451232 doesn't count
Strokes

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2010, 07:45:20 PM »

The Most Interesting Man In The World's advice on insults:

"If you are going to insult somebody's intelligence, be sure to do it in an intelligent manner."

Stay Thirsty My Friends.

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2010, 07:50:38 PM »
Flying the P-38 exclusively for over 17 years in various online flight sims, I kind of know how to counter the P-38 as well as fight in it.  I also know that what you posted is 100% hog wash as it's all generalizations without any substance.

The above comments is why I encourage people to over look your advice and ignore it.  I'm sorry to say but your comments clearly show that you do not know 1) How to fly the P-38, let alone fight in it and 2) How to counter the P-38 if fighting against one.

ack-ack

Ok Ok you'r opinion Ack Ack Chill man you sound stressed relax

Free world you give your 2 cent's and i give mine and that's that now you will agree that he will learn in time hell it may not be from you or me but he will learn. Cripe's man chill get a coffee bud my tactic's are my own and yours are yours he may tack a bit from , me , and many other people.

Come on bud since day 1 you have ripped into me what is it a girlfriend from the past ran off wi a Scotsman or summit ?????

Cos you been breathing down my neck from day one

and oh i too have been playing flight sims for 17 year's now since i was 10. and been interested in aircraft since i was 4. And it has alway's been WW2 Flight sims.

So please man lay - off i have different tactic's than you -- you have different tactic's to me

That's normal

Or are you being a pain in the neck here because i may be right and you don't like it as it will get you less kill's. I mean come on i'v fought against you in the Duelling Arena And you've shot me down and I've shot you down.

Let it be Ack-Ack Get rid o your personnel vendetta against me and live the game i have nothing against you and i accept that you may know the P-38 and how to fly it and combat it But The Guy was asking how to do it in A Spitfire mk16 and i told him how i have done it in a mk 8 Spitfire.
Chill and live with it BUD

Or shall i have to report you to Ace's High for Harassment BECAUSE i will as in every post i have put in you automatically  Put me down.
Do you come from Libya Or North Korea Ack-Ack from one of those country's that say you cant speak or Sh*t  without my say-so ????

But i don't want 2 Ack - Ack as i have said we have had many a good chat in The Duelling Arena together.

So what is it Chill and let it wash ??????  :furious :furious :furious :furious
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:55:42 PM by BulletVI »

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2010, 07:53:32 PM »
in
Strokes

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »
Come on bud since day 1 you have ripped into me what is it a girlfriend from the past ran off wi a Scotsman or summit ?????

Cos you been breathing down my neck from day one

Now you're just rehearsing lines from Top Gun silly.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »
Now you're just rehearsing lines from Top Gun silly.
:rofl  :aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.