Author Topic: SEEING bugs in new RADAR set-up  (Read 2330 times)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
Re: SEEING bugs in new RADAR set-up
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2010, 01:20:17 PM »
Sunday night in LWB, enemy red dot inside radar ring...base was not blinking.  Dot moved halfway to base from dar ring...base finally starts blinking.  It was a V base, if that matters.

ROX

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »
Sunday night in LWB, enemy red dot inside radar ring...base was not blinking.  Dot moved halfway to base from dar ring...base finally starts blinking.  It was a V base, if that matters.

No bug, as warning range is a setting totally independent from radar range, and HT has deliberatle left it at it's old value (12 miles)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »
No bug, as warning range is a setting totally independent from radar range, and HT has deliberatle left it at it's old value (12 miles)

How many times have you had to say that so far?  :rofl
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 02:27:11 PM »
you need to type bigger with liberal use of all CAPS and Bold.

(can you HTML tag from a phone?)

wrongway
(no bracket key)
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 09:54:02 PM »
Considering drones contain no real pilot (player), I don't believe the radar detects them. Otherwise each dot for a bomber formation would be three dots. So the height at which drones fly is irrelevant.

Base flash has nothing to do with radar. Its purpose is to represent the local population calling in to the base and saying "I see bad guy planes," hence the lack of directionality or dots. However, it seems to me a base ought to flash long before radar contacts are made in that case (as is generally the case in scenarios).

(can you HTML tag from a phone?)

wrongway
(no bracket key)

Sure, if you have greater than/less than keys...except the AHBBS rejects HTML. My old phone (before I got a smartphone) had brackets on the pound key, though.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2010, 08:12:56 AM »
Falcon how are you gonna run your NOE mishuns?
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 09:01:25 AM »
Falcon how are you gonna run your NOE mishuns?

I see it's trolling time again.
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight