Author Topic: Yermolayev Yer-2  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
Re: Yermolayev Yer-2
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 03:28:28 PM »
Two primary Soviet bombers were Il-4 (over 5000 built) and Pe-2 with (over 11000 built). Compared to them, Yer-2 is barely a footnote.

it did, however,

1. see action in WW2
2. serve in squadron strength

the only requirements for adding an AC
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »
WMaker, by that logic why would we have the Ta 152 when we have 190's and 109's?
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 03:48:42 PM »
it did, however,

1. see action in WW2
2. serve in squadron strength

the only requirements for adding an AC

Very true, however...imagine this game with less known aircraft that were produced less and saw less combat in place of those that were the pivotal work horses of WWII. Which makes a better and more popular "simulated WWII combat experience"? Btw, I haven't ever heard these requirements from anyone at HTC even though they keep repeated a lot as "the official requirements".

WMaker, by that logic why would we have the Ta 152 when we have 190's and 109's?

First of all, we had the 190s and 109s before the Ta-152. Second, Ta152 gathered a lot of votes in a thread posted by pyro back in 2000 when he asked next aircraft to add. The structure of the planeset was also totally different back then. Finally with the introduction of the perk system, Ta152 was a logical choise as one of the first perked aircraft due to its popularity. The fact that AH planset has the Ta152, doesn't make the implementation of the Yer-2 any more viable or logical.

Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 03:55:20 PM »
I do realise that but in my post, you may have missed the, it may not have been the best or fastest bomber, but with such few planes to chose from why not consider everything part, considering adding this plane, although it may not help anything, it wont hurt anything in the MA either. Even I would like to see the Il-4, or the Pe-2 added before this plane, but there isnt anything wrong with throwing ideas out there
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 04:12:44 PM »
Btw, I haven't ever heard these requirements from anyone at HTC even though they keep repeated a lot as "the official requirements".
Does anyone have a reference for the requirements to be included in the game?  I have always went along with squadron service during the war.

How about the performance information?  What parameters does HTC require for their flight model?  I am not asking for the proprietary details, but it has to be difficult to get good technical documentation on something like the Yer-2.  I'm somewhat of an aviation geek, and I have never heard of it.

Any addition to the plane set that is not a Late War monster will end up a hangar queen.  Personally, I'll take anything and everything.  Bring on the Ki-27, the Dewoitine 520 and the Fokker D XXI.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers