Author Topic: Screenshots in Windows 7  (Read 571 times)

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
Screenshots in Windows 7
« on: July 07, 2010, 12:10:31 AM »
I tried to take a screenshot of the game with windows 7 but when I tried to paste it in paint the screenshot didn't show up. Anyone know why this is?
I used the snipping tool to take a shot of my desk top then pasted it in paint and it worked but I can't figure out how to use the snipping tool with the game open.

(Edit) Here is a screenshot of what a screenshot of the TA looks like when I paste it in Paint.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:31:59 AM by wgmount »
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Screenshots in Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 05:54:44 AM »
Um, no clue what route you're trying on it, but alt+s creates a .jpg file in your AH directory that is a perfect screen capture.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:54:07 AM »
Get fraps.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 06:18:21 PM »
If you press alt+s in game it will take a screen shot of what you see at the time it's taken. You can then find these screen shots in your Aces High 2 Folder.

If you want to get more technical with screen shots, then you can record your flight with alt+r and then stop recording again with alt+r. Then open the film in the Aces High Film Viewer (also located in the Aces High Folder), play the film to the part where you want a screen shot from, pause it, and using the features in the film viewer, set up the camera position anywhere you want it (inside the plane, out side, anywhere). Once you have the camera positioned, click the "View Full Screen" button, press "Print Screen" on your keyboard, and paste it into and image editing software (MS paints is easiest). Just remeber you move the mouse out of the screen when in full screen view.

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:30:13 PM »
the film screenshots also come out as a blank when pasted into paint. I had fraps once but it slowed the game down so much it wasn't worth it. I found this looking for a way to solve my problem.

Download ScreenShot2File and modify your preferred keys for capture screenshot.
With program ScreenShot2File you can quick and easily make and save screenshots.
ScreenShot2File makes shots of active window and entire screen directly to file, supports 5 graphic file formats: JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP. Its very easy.
Also ScreenShot2Print send screenshots directly to printer and ScreenShot2Email send screenshots via e-mail.

alt-s does save it as a bitmap then I can paste it in Paint and crop it and make it a jpeg. so that's good.

win 7 is starting to annoy me skuzzy. even the new excel pitches a fit when i try to load old files into it.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 01:54:50 PM »
Hmm, I have Windows 7 home premium and I do "print screen" and paste in Paint all the time.  :salute