Author Topic: HTC isn't perfect  (Read 621 times)

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
HTC isn't perfect
« on: July 13, 2010, 08:16:18 PM »
Well... a few of you know who I am and how vocal i can be.

This is not an attempt to usurp any one ideal of what the game should be, and I have been very vocal lately about the changes that aces has made. I have heard comments from "adapt" to "deal with it" to the least effective "quit" all of my posts, and threads have been of my personal opinions, but i do feel that they reflect a segment of the population in this game. To the gentlemen who say adapt.....I say this is true, if this is combat . war is a fluid situation, we adapt or die.....Yeah it's a game....but when we go from version one to version 2 of any game, we meet new challenges, don't we?

To the "deal with it crowd" bad move....we all should have a voice in this "fight" or this game WILL end up on the pages of history just like the comabat it represents.

The gentlemen who have been in the game for many years have seen change come and go...they have seen people come and go...mostly go. but one thing remains the same, their love of the game. We all have a voice in this matter, and that voice SHOULD be expressed, but we all need to understand that that voice IS being heard. The level of whats being heard is what can sometimes come into question.  I feel that the people who post positive OR negative comments about the game are the most passionate. For the long timers and people such as myself ...3 years... and the new guy, don't throw them to the wolves.... to the new guys, adapt does have some meaning. We all resist change in some form or other, but we need to keep the game fresh. There are more aspects to this game than you can imagine...it took a subtle change to make me realise that. Combat can be played out on so many different ways it can make you sick...find the weak spot ...exploit their defence...win the war...it's up to you...if HTC throws up a sheep ( older players will remember) drive around it.

To all that have responded...good and bad... :salute  and to those that haven't...why not?   this is your game to, this is what makes AH great!

To HTC thanx for not banning me on some of my rants!  Oh yeah it took a person wiser than me to point this out...my wife...she just simply said...if you love playing so much, why are you so upset?...The game is still there, and you still get to play.

The point is......we still get to play, others cant say that.

Oh yeah don't think i will shut up!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: HTC isn't perfect
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »
Took me all of about four seconds to go through that and pull the meat off of the bones.  you can do better.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:33:57 PM »
I'm sorry but I don't quite see what your point is in this.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 08:51:31 PM »
To all that have responded...good and bad... :salute  and to those that haven't...why not?

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 09:25:24 PM »
see....this is whats wrong with the forums...... the people that have responded thus far have at a min 1000 post.. no matter what someone says you have a snide remark....... you aren't seeing things in the light to the attention i was pointing out. We SHOULD listen to you to some degree .....but keep this up and you will be a minority in the game....natural causes. If the game is to flourish people like us are the catalyst.....if ya don't wanna hear it .tough SH%#!

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 09:30:03 PM »
Mine was actually a serious question, I wanted you to clarify.  Since you jumped to that argument, I wonder how much you really want to discuss the topic, I feel like you'd rather rant and get the attention.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 09:48:38 PM »
Groundfeeder,  :salute
Those are called fanboys aka lemmings.  It's the forum anti troll troll raison d'etre.  

You see it all over.  They LIVE for the forum circle jerk.  Their zeal for being part of something on page one of a statement from someone, especially a prevailing undertone of snide comments, is rather over powering to them.

You could have posted 'the sky is blue' and they would have had something snide to say as they sit in their moms basement at age 40 whizzing into 2 liters bottles.

It's sad really.  Boredom and a lack of meaning in their lives precludes them from any true meaningful statements, so instead they resort to 8th grade playground jabs.  

not necessarily saying the folks here are as such, but sadly it seems slowly heading that way..

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 10:02:49 PM »
I miss my sheep  :frown:

PLEASE HTC I NEED MY SHEEP FOR........THINGS AND STUFF
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 10:11:58 PM »
Your welcome to start the topic again groundfeeder, nothing wrong with you post.

But this tread is going no where fast so might as well kill it.

But ground feeder , the title of your topic is what got the thread of to a bad start.