Author Topic: 31st squad  (Read 1538 times)

Offline dev1ant

• Copper Member
Re: 31st squad
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 05:39:30 PM »
I think calling someones flying abilities lame, clearly may be alright for some, but i would never say such a thing.

The guy can land lots of victories how can that be lame ? is it only lame to you because he could be putting he's skills to greater use ? you can't order someone to fly the way you wish, so is picky on their flights ways going to solve it ?

Pretty simple actually, it requires absolutely no skill. 
Deviant

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 05:47:38 PM »
I think calling someones flying abilities lame, clearly may be alright for some, but i would never say such a thing.

The guy can land lots of victories how can that be lame ? is it only lame to you because he could be putting he's skills to greater use ? you can't order someone to fly the way you wish, so is picky on their flights ways going to solve it ?

Ok dude picture this. Two boxers in the ring. Spectator comes out of audience and hits boxer #1 in back of head, knocking him out. Spectator is awarded KO. Spectator goes home and lands knockout. Spectator does this every friday nite for 6 months. Spectator is 24 and 0.

Buck proclaims spectator pound for pound best boxer out there.

Just because I can jump in the ring and hit Brock Lesner with a bat while he is in the middle of a match doesn't make me a MMA fighter.
Do you REALLY think that picking a few guys and going to rearm until you have 6 or 8 kills makes you a good cartoon pilot?
Lighten up Francis

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 06:23:31 PM »
Ok dude picture this. Two boxers in the ring. Spectator comes out of audience and hits boxer #1 in back of head, knocking him out. Spectator is awarded KO. Spectator goes home and lands knockout. Spectator does this every friday nite for 6 months. Spectator is 24 and 0.

Buck proclaims spectator pound for pound best boxer out there.

Just because I can jump in the ring and hit Brock Lesner with a bat while he is in the middle of a match doesn't make me a MMA fighter.
Do you REALLY think that picking a few guys and going to rearm until you have 6 or 8 kills makes you a good cartoon pilot?

No it does not make you good, but I've known people who BnZ and pick, and never return to the rearm pad with a single kill, not even 8 kills in one run with a p-51 such as adog has done.

People tell me this game takes lots of skill, yet their is people who say ones like Adog who has played for years no skill, or at least the move he does (BnZ high) takes no skill. this makes no sense, clearly its just a lot of madness on how many dislike those who do nothing but this type of tactic (BnZ).

If you guys like it or not, any move you do has to have some percentage of skill  :lol, its how the games runs, theirs many BnZers, but usually, They tend to be the best shooters.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 06:43:03 PM by Buck »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »

No it does not make you good, but I've known people who BnZ and pick, and never return to the rearm pad with a single kill, not even 8 kills in one run with a p-51 such as adog has done.

People tell me this game takes lots of skill, yet their is people who say ones like Adog who has played for years no skill, or at least the move he does (BnZ high) takes no skill. this makes no sense, clearly its just a lot of madness on how many dislike those who do nothing but this type of tactic (BnZ).

If you guys like it or not, any move you do has to have some percentage of skill  :lol, its how the games runs, theirs many BnZers, but usually, They tend to be the best shooters.

They tend to be the best shooters?  :rofl Yeah whatever Buck. I think we've hijacked this thread enough and nothing I say will change your mind so believe what you will and I'll do the same.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 06:40:19 PM »
They tend to be the best shooters?  :rofl Yeah whatever Buck. I think we've hijacked this thread enough and nothing I say will change your mind so believe what you will and I'll do the same.

Sounds good uptown.

(Singing) -->> Everythings great when your down town...  :D

Or is it Everything is great when your down town ?  :headscratch: oh well  :lol

sorry uptown, just started thinking of that song while i was posting.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 06:46:01 PM by Buck »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 06:47:38 PM »
God that's a old song  :lol You're showing your age  :neener:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Buck

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 07:00:56 PM »
God that's a old song  :lol You're showing your age  :neener:

muuuhahahahaaaa, you'll never know my true age, I've heard the song off of youtube.

What you think I'm 80 ? wow your way off.  :mad:  :furious   :cry      :D   

Offline Stones

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 07:04:15 AM »
The DA lake is ok.  I used to go there a while ago.
I didn't even mind the pickers, the place is cool for getting the ol' SA working.

I don't know but it seemed that most of the planes in there were not being flown as they would have historicaly.  More a demolition derby of all sorts.
Anything goes I think it says on the arena message.
Outlying fields are somewhat restricted to private fights.
Just to say, the 51 driver who BnZ's and zooms back up to the perch.  I thought that was how it would have been flown.(historicaly)

Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.... Adolf Galland

Ingame ID's~KlunK~Stones~Helmet

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 12:25:39 PM »
Dweeb lake can be fun.

It is what it is.

8/10 times I've gone there I end up jumping in a temp an running down and killing all the pick weenies.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 02:23:40 PM »
Nope no bone to pick. I can whip him any day of the week. He knows it, this is why he runs when i get up there to him. Let me explain something to you. When I log in to the DA, the first thing I do is check everyones K/D and go looking for the big boys first. Do you know why they have such good K/D in the dueling arena? Because they pick you while you're on the deck fighting others. This my friend is not skill. This is picking to make your K/D look good for folks that haven't figured that out yet. Anyone who has to grab to 15K over the lake is lacking in the skill department.You call it style or skill if ya want, but i'll continue to call it lame.  :aok

So, you go and cherry pick the cherry pickers and it's the first thing you do when you log in so it is habitual, but you are dong it for noble reasons so it is ok.  Thread started out as a guy looking for his buddy but again you chose to use it as your personal pulipit to expouse your learned opinion and berrate another player.  Dude, I read your stuff, you got good things to offer sometimes, but sometimes you should just shutup.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 02:28:04 PM »
Im sorry but that does not take much at all to do. Most of the time unless the guy is AFK it's tough to get a kill since you are screaming in at 500mph and can't move your nose around much.

Off topic, but I figured I'd throw that in there.
hard to do? :headscratch: maybe at 500mph but i don't have a problem killing at slower dive speeds with a notch of flaps sometimes
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010, 02:55:27 PM »
So, you go and cherry pick the cherry pickers and it's the first thing you do when you log in so it is habitual, but you are dong it for noble reasons so it is ok.  Thread started out as a guy looking for his buddy but again you chose to use it as your personal pulipit to expouse your learned opinion and berrate another player.  Dude, I read your stuff, you got good things to offer sometimes, but sometimes you should just shutup.
:rolleyes: I keep trying to get out of this thread but you guys want to quote me and pull me back into it. I didn't say I picked the pickers. Where in my quote do you see that? And secondly, aren't you also using you're personal pulpit to express your learned opinion and berate me now? :lol pot meet kettle.

But I do agree that sometimes I should just stfu.   :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:58:40 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 04:53:36 PM »
Uptown............

:salute
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »
can someone tell me if adog31st still plays this game it has been omg 3yrs sense i have played this game and i am probally gonna get back into it wana see if any of the old squads are still around
Hummm....... can this be MikeB31?
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline TC31st

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 05:05:55 PM »
66Hellcats-

Adog is usually in the DA most evenings, you might also catch him there in the daytime depending on his work shift.  To answer your original question, yes the 31st is still around albeit kinda fractionalized.  Most members are just kinda floating around waiting for "The Call" --someone to round em up and forge the group back together.

As far as the comments about ADog's ability, I will not speak for him other than to add that I have personal experience over many years flying with, and at times against him in various settings and scenarios and he's no chump thats for sure.  He can turn fight pretty dam good if he has to, he's just better at BnZ and has been doing it for as far back as I can remember - so I guess thats what he prefers...although I agree with all the statements concerning the "ambush" quality of BnZ  and personally do not like it, I guess to some its a "tactic"

but hey, I'm not here to defend ADog, he's perfectly capable of coming to this thread and doing that for himself.