Author Topic: Thrustmaster Problems  (Read 524 times)

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Thrustmaster Problems
« on: January 06, 2002, 10:48:00 PM »
I've got a TM F16 FLCS w/ and TQS throttle.  Recently, I noticed my hat buttons were not responding to my presses (i.e not working or working intermittnely).  No big deal I figger, just replace the hat switches and everthing is good.  Well, as I am waiting for the new parts, the problem is migrating to all the other buttons as well, however, it does not seem to be affecting the TQS.  I'm using a TM acm card (adjustable).  Does anyone out there have any advice or had my TM stuff just worn out?  thanks!

Modas
8=X Cutthoats

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Thrustmaster Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2002, 01:52:00 PM »
How long have you had it Modas? You might have to check the internal connections on the circuit boards where the wires hook in there.

If you need another TM gamecard private message me and let me know.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Thrustmaster Problems
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2002, 09:15:00 PM »
I've had this thing for at least 6 years.  I sent it in to TM to have it rebuilt just before they were bought out, so its getting there in age.  I'll check out the internals connects when I replace the pots and switches.  Thanks for the help!

Modas
8=X Cutthroats

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Thrustmaster Problems
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2002, 01:03:00 AM »
Modas,

I have had my F16 FLCS/TQS for at least 5 or 6 years.  I use it just about daily and I have never changed a switch or pot.  The only modification I have done is to upgrade the chips to the SWF22 digital chips.  Some of the hat buttons have lost there ckick, and they all still work.  I find it hard to believe that you buttons are failing all at once.  I would look at your cable and connections and see if it may be damaged.

You can also try using your soundcard Joystick port.  Maybe your Joystick Card is going.  BTW, I quit using my Joystick card when I upgraded to the SB live.

Good luck,
Gunner <CAF>
Gunner
Cactus Air Force