Author Topic: What type of jacket is this?  (Read 1241 times)

Offline jay

• Silver Member
What type of jacket is this?
« on: July 18, 2010, 08:10:01 PM »
ok so i got this jacket a couple years ago during the winter cause i needed a winter time coat/jacket so my ma (being the cheapskate she is) took me to a thrift store  :rolleyes: so found this jacket in the back racks and bought it for 35$ at the time i think??? well long story short ive just now decided to figure out what type it is (military issue i know but idk what type)

i think its a M65 Field jacket (could be wrong),has tiger stripe pattern (which dont see very often)

i wouldnt be asking if i could read the tag on the inside if need more pic to identify ill post more  :salute

"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: What type of jacket is this?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 02:08:32 AM »
I would say a M65, but I've never seen one in that camo.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 12:20:01 PM »
It's a repro of a 'Nam era "tiger stripe" camo pattern M65.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/us-military-m65-tiger-stripes-field-jacket-in-xl

Could be 1 of 3 manufacturers. Check the zipper, if it's a solid brass large YKK it's most likely be an original, the reproductions tend to have nylon zippers although not always. The snaps on the pockets should be solid brass too. Some of the reproductions are high quality just like the originals, and expensive.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 03:03:38 PM »
snaps on pockets and zipper cover are brass wasnt able to identify the zipper though,probley because it is damaged (and maybe replaced in the past?) but thanks for the info   :aok
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson