Author Topic: F105 Thunderchief site  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Re: F105 Thunderchief site
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »
Listened to all that audio. My god how stuff has not changed.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 10:06:57 PM »
I'm finding it REAL hard to hold phone still while snapping pics
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 01:02:47 AM »
nice find,
   just a ton of stuff to look at there  :aok

thanks a bunch,

froger
frogs are people too

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 06:49:02 PM »
Pipz,

I'd like to recommend another F-105 book to you.

When Thunder Rolled by Ed Rasimus. It is by far the best book I've ever read about Vietnam aerial warfare. His intital reaction to being sent to Thailand and overcoming his fears of being up to flying combat in the early part of the book are pretty riveting. The description of flying and fighting throughout the book is top notch. I just purchased and started another book by the same author about his second tour of the war called Palace Cobra. He flew F-4 Phantoms his second tour. So far the second book is every bit as good as the first.

<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 07:29:09 PM »
Your welcome Froger  :aok  I am glad some of the guys found that interesting.

Hey Shifty I will pick up "When Thunder Rolled" after I finish "Going Down Town" Thanks for the suggestions <S>

Thanks for posting that picture BJ. I remember seeing that plane some years ago now. Makes me want to make another trip to the museum.When I was there the B-36 really impressed me! Man that was a big plane! Ill see if I can get the pictures from that trip put on a disk so I can post them.

Pipz
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 09:42:14 PM »
Your welcome Froger  :aok  I am glad some of the guys found that interesting.

Hey Shifty I will pick up "When Thunder Rolled" after I finish "Going Down Town" Thanks for the suggestions <S>

Thanks for posting that picture BJ. I remember seeing that plane some years ago now. Makes me want to make another trip to the museum.When I was there the B-36 really impressed me! Man that was a big plane! Ill see if I can get the pictures from that trip put on a disk so I can post them.

Pipz
The info gent was quite animated when he saw Lute and I staring at it--thing is slightly larger than the B52, can fly 24 hours non-refueled (albeit 230 mph) Can up at Newfoundland, hit Berlin, and return sans refueling, can carry something like 72 1k eggs :eek:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/