Author Topic: FFB Change  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
Re: FFB Change
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 11:22:50 PM »
I'm sorry I didn't mean to confuse anyone by using terms I thought were interchangeable. So I will work harder on being clear and concise going forward.

Here are the points that I am trying to make clear.

1.) Prior to the onset of the stall shake on screen in Aces High (with or without force feedback) there should be no vibration/shudder/rumble/buffet in the force feedback system. This is due to the fact that there is no separation of airflow prior to stall shake on screen.

2.) Once the stall shake occurs on screen in Aces High, the stall slider should control that force.

3.) The stall shake on screen in Aces High is different then the stall speed that you would find in a manual. This is due to the fact that in Aces High the stall shake on screen happens the moment any single point on the wing is stalled.

I hope that helps make my opinion more clear about making FFB work more accurately.

HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 10:04:01 AM »
A stall in an aircraft with a stick shaker would normally be associated with jet aircraft. Two indicators in the aircraft would show the onset of an impending stall, the first and most important is the AOA, or angle of attack indicator, and this is the foremost used tool in determining the aircrafts possibility of a stall. The second is the stick shaker along with a warning buzzer and light that would indicate a stall is immanent. Anyone who has flown an aircraft would also noticed the "sloppy" control surface response prior to any indication or warning of a stall.

I think when htc put the shaking screen in it was as a result to simulate the sloppy control feel.......or give a prior warning to the immanent stall.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 10:40:07 AM »
I'm sorry I didn't mean to confuse anyone by using terms I thought were interchangeable. So I will work harder on being clear and concise going forward.

Here are the points that I am trying to make clear.

1.) Prior to the onset of the stall shake on screen in Aces High (with or without force feedback) there should be no vibration/shudder/rumble/buffet in the force feedback system. This is due to the fact that there is no separation of airflow prior to stall shake on screen.

2.) Once the stall shake occurs on screen in Aces High, the stall slider should control that force.

3.) The stall shake on screen in Aces High is different then the stall speed that you would find in a manual. This is due to the fact that in Aces High the stall shake on screen happens the moment any single point on the wing is stalled.

I hope that helps make my opinion more clear about making FFB work more accurately.

Now I'm curious what you think the buffet slider should do?

Since the stall is generally a range of AOA and this is modeled to a degree by the stall horn getting louder and the buffet increasing until the point of departure, I don't see why a little stick vibration can't be used to indicate an initial partial stall of a wing with the buffet starting as more of the wing is stalled.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 10:49:01 PM »
Well the update cleared up my buffet question, I forgot about the high speed buffet,  but I still miss the stall vibration.