Author Topic: today 12:58 eastern  (Read 1864 times)

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
Re: today 12:58 eastern
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 11:29:54 PM »
 :noid Grizz causes disco's.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline doleboy

• Copper Member
      • mushrooms
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 11:52:21 PM »
12:58 eastern time arena caps at 400 with 173 guys in pink arena including myself.Bamm discoed for the 5th time.Takes me 2 minutes to get back,now 1:00est. and POW!!!!! Arena cap now at 100 with 172 guys in it.Other arena has 23.Really sucks so I am logging off.Why does the arena go from 400 to 100 at 1:00eastern??????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cancel your sub mate, i did for the very same reason. lots more games out there!
We shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 01:38:19 AM »
Cancel your sub mate, i did for the very same reason. lots more games out there!
Then what are you doing still posting in these forums? All the things you didn't haven't changed obviously. Sounds like plenty of other places to toss yer tuppence around.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 06:09:46 AM »
Jesus is everything considered a whine to you people!!My real point was actually why does the cap change,What night time folks can have 400 in an arena but the day time folks can`t. Why is that?

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 06:12:43 AM »
NJ is one big beach (or sand bar, if you prefer to look at it that way)   :devil
I thought it was more a used hypodermic needle repository :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 09:02:39 AM »
Jesus is everything considered a whine to you people!!My real point was actually why does the cap change,What night time folks can have 400 in an arena but the day time folks can`t. Why is that?

Really?  You haven't read or at least seen any of the infinite threads on the dynamic cap?

Seriously?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 11:09:48 AM »
Really?  You haven't read or at least seen any of the infinite threads on the dynamic cap?

Seriously?

True, the day time guys who get the shaft should at least know why by now.

Offline milesobrian

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 11:42:28 AM »
True, the day time guys who get the shaft should at least know why by now.

Too bad the reason why the caps start is BS

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 11:46:41 AM »
Too bad the reason why the caps start is BS
And you know this how? Didn't realize you were an HTC staff member with inside information.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 11:57:25 AM »
lol
Just trying to show you the other side of the coin, don't think you've looked at it in a while.   :aok

lol yup
frogs are people too

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 12:04:13 PM »
I feel sorry for you. Hope you get your connection issues ironed out.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 01:01:56 PM »
I feel sorry for you. Hope you get your connection issues ironed out.

Hehe shuff.   :lol

Offline milesobrian

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 02:01:01 PM »
And you know this how? Didn't realize you were an HTC staff member with inside information.

umm dont be a fool we all know why they have these caps,at least the one reason they have stated.

The reason being is that apparently too many people makes the game bad, particularly in the social aspect.  Which really dosent make much sense, as their are plenty of games that host far more players than the max here yet, they dont have to limit the max amount of players, nor does their seem to be much social degradation.  I think its a case of correlation vs causation meaning just because the two happen to happen together, (alot of players and the social problems) does not necessarily mean thats the cause

Furthermore i dont think the solution is to limit the arena caps the way they are currently done.  I dont think they should start the caps at noon.  Because for the next  6 hours the amount of players i generally too low to warrant this... a better solution would be to start the caps later like at the beginning of "prime time" if at all, and just simply limit the players based  on the size of the map.

Finally if you want to do something about the "toxic" social conditions get rid of the idiots who constantly complain about getting  hoed, crashing or expressing how player x used a tactic that they did not agree with and thus verbalizes this on 200.  Even crashes are bound to happen with two players trying to get gun solutions on each other.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010, 02:07:43 PM »

if there were actually 400 people in the arena at night, there would be caps. dont worry, you're not missing out on anything

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.