Author Topic: Joystick issue  (Read 342 times)

Offline B2B

• Nickel Member
Joystick issue
« on: July 31, 2010, 11:35:40 AM »
Saitek X52 was working fine in Windows7 until I changed USB location on computer. Now it is not recognized in AH and I'm showing an error in Device Manager "Saitek X52 Flight Controller (HID)". The drivers are showing up to date. The top lights on the J/S work but the text window on the throttle doesn't light up. I tried it on my wife's XP system and it works fine. It doesn't work on Windows7 with a powered USB either. Any ideas?
Tour 92

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Joystick issue
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 12:51:03 PM »
Could it be a bad USB port, or the USB plug is shorting out against the sheild on the case? Try plugging another USB device in the ports and see what happens. You may also have to uninstall the drivers then reinstall with the stick plugged into a different port, although that really doesn't make any sense, I have seen some weird access rights issues with Win7 in files, folders and hardware detection.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 05:54:15 PM »
rerun the driver installer..dont even have to uninstall.just click ok when it asks if you want to overwrite..if you have anything programmed under sst,if you have sst,it will still be saved..Have had this happen to me before..

Offline B2B

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 08:51:58 AM »
Thanks for the help guys, the problem has been resolved. I think installing/reinstalling the drivers was the ultimate fix.  :salute
Tour 92

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »
For some reason, Saitek doesn't like to carry their drivers over from one USB hub to another.  If you plug it in a different slot which happens to be on a separate hub (there are several internal to your motherboard) then the drivers still look for it in the old one and won't auto detect it properly.  When you reinstall the drivers, it forces it to manually search for it again and then it works.

I have the same issues with my Turtle Beach USB headset.  Not a biggie, just have to remember to plug it in the same slot.

Offline B2B

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 11:34:41 AM »
Exactly what happened. Was doing some cable "housekeeping.  :salute
Tour 92