Author Topic: Tanks rounds shooting down aircraft.  (Read 15651 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Tanks rounds shooting down aircraft.
« Reply #195 on: August 02, 2010, 09:16:07 PM »
So you don't want tank guns to be able to down planes.

Simple question: What exactly should be changed? HOW should HTC prevent that?
I dont think tanks should be able to bring down planes and/or Buffs no less with there main gun.

change the coad from tank hitting plane in air to tank not hitting plane in air? Or tank no hitting air objects. some thing to that effect.

With every thing HT knows how to do ..I'm sure it would not be hard.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #196 on: August 02, 2010, 09:17:16 PM »
Historical eh?  Which part of Europe are we fighting in in the MA and for which countries?  I'm fairly certain there weren't chess piece countries in world war 2 fighting on maps that Fester made.  Oh and I'm also pretty sure that countries couldn't fly all of their enemy's aircraft...

Your level of fail is increasing exponentially with every subsequent post you do realize...
actually your the 1 failing show me where a 262 ever flew the way you do ever.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 02, 2010, 09:19:14 PM »
I dont think tanks should be able to bring down planes and/or Buffs no less with there main gun.

change the coad from tank hitting plane in air to tank not hitting plane in air? Or tank no hitting air objects. some thing to that effect.

With every thing HT knows how to do ..I'm sure it would not be hard.

So you you would bend physics to get the desired result? So that any plane can simply fly down a gun barrel, because there is no danger involved, as "tank rounds do not hurt planes" ?

Would this make the game more relaistic... or less? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2010, 09:20:38 PM »
So you you would bend physics to get the desired result? So that any plane can simply fly down a gun barrel, because there is no danger involved, as "tank rounds do not hurt planes" ?

Would this make the game more relaistic... or less? ;)
Basicly you have no proof either right?  :lol ;)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »
Historical eh?  Which part of Europe are we fighting in in the MA and for which countries?  I'm fairly certain there weren't chess piece countries in world war 2 fighting on maps that Fester made.  Oh and I'm also pretty sure that countries couldn't fly all of their enemy's aircraft...

Your level of fail is increasing exponentially with every subsequent post you do realize...

Funny you should mention Fester :)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2010, 09:26:23 PM »
actually your the 1 failing show me where a 262 ever flew the way you do ever.

You can say that about almost all action in the MA's

Different combat environments breed different tactics. We can try again and again, we have unlimited lives, we have unlimited resources.
I'm killing tanks in my Hurri IID in a way completely different from "real" WW2 tactics... because I had the opportunity to practice it again and again, hundreds of times, because I did not really die. I can "afford" to continue attacking tanks that way, because dying every 6th sortie is not deterring me.

Same applies to tank/plane interaction. IN "real" ww2, planes rarely did get THAT close & low  to GVs like we do. Why do you think in WW2 the Ostwind was to replace the Wirbelwind whereas the WW is much more effective in AH? Because in AH the planes get MUCH closer to the GV's, and are much more careless dancing around heavy flack vehicles. Hence the increased range of the OW is less of an asset than the higher rof of the WW in Aces High.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2010, 09:27:08 PM »
Basicly you have no proof either right?  :lol ;)

What proof? You need now proof that a several pound cannon round would hurt a plane if hitting it?

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2010, 09:27:34 PM »
Your being an idiot megalodon. We don't need to prove that it happened in WWII because a shell would detonate if hit an aircraft. This isn't a matter of historical usage or service because it could have happend from pure dumb luck.

Here is some stuff you need to accept:

For this to have a snowball's chance in hell of happening, you need to prove why it shouldn't happen, because it is physicly possible
no change is likely to happen, regardless of how you try to look at this argument.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2010, 09:33:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure HT got rid of the Lancasterstuka's didn't he? Why...cause it didn't happen and was bad for game play. same applies here

i think he should coad out the extrem maneuverability of the 262 till its 20k
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:36:12 PM by Megalodon »

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2010, 09:36:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure HT got rid of the Lancasterstuka's didn't he? Why...cause it didn't happen and was bad for game play. same applies here

What's ur game name?

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #205 on: August 02, 2010, 09:37:36 PM »
It's CryinFin.

To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2010, 09:39:11 PM »
Your being an idiot megalodon. We don't need to prove that it happened in WWII because a shell would detonate if hit an aircraft. This isn't a matter of historical usage or service because it could have happend from pure dumb luck.

Here is some stuff you need to accept:

For this to have a snowball's chance in hell of happening, you need to prove why it shouldn't happen, because it is physicly possible
no change is likely to happen, regardless of how you try to look at this argument.

dont call me names sir ... Im not the only one who sees it this way chum and its GAMEY at its best.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2010, 09:39:47 PM »
It's CryinFin.

My head just exploded.  That explains it all.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2010, 09:40:07 PM »
It's CryinFin.

are the rest of the ankle bitters otw?

Poof,

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »
Funny you should mention Fester :)

Lol, Fester posted this the other day in the general discussion and I replied in that thread.  Oh noes conspiracy right?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,293453.0.html