Author Topic: Mic won't work when muted..  (Read 405 times)

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
Mic won't work when muted..
« on: July 27, 2010, 11:48:36 PM »
I have a Plantronics headset..  Plugs into the back of my Sound Blaster 2 Audigy soundcard..  I have recently reformatted my machine..  I installed the latest driver from Creative..
The mic doesn't seem to work when it's muted..  Characteristically, the mic should still be active if muted..  All the muting does is silence the talkback you get from the mic(so you don't hear yourself
in your headphones)..  Let me rephrase: In AH it doesn't work when muted..  However, I can still record using my recording software while muted..  When I unmute the mic, people can hear me(and I can hear myself when tuned to myself)..  But again, I hear myself talking through my headphones(or speakers).. 
What's the deal?
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Sperky

• Copper Member
Re: Mic won't work when muted..
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:21:20 AM »
Assuming you're using Windows... The playback mic is muted and the recording mic is not muted in the profiles?
Taco Cat spelled backward is Taco Cat

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:32:50 AM »
I think this problem is mostly related to XP and selecting the mic in playback as well as recording options (sound applet).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 04:40:27 PM »
I had this issue a couple of days ago...I ended up hitting the restore to factory settings to sort it...I have no Idea why it did it but it did and that was my fix.

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »
I had this issue a couple of days ago...I ended up hitting the restore to factory settings to sort it...I have no Idea why it did it but it did and that was my fix.

This issue popped up on me out of nowhere about 3 months ago..  I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP with all updates(SP3, etc)..
Installed the latest drivers for the motherboard and the rest of the hardware(VideoCard, Soundcard, etc)..  Same issue as before.. 
Everything is set properly on my end as far as my 25 years of computer experience can tell me.. 
The exact same settings worked before and now they don't..  Even tried rolling back to an earlier sound card driver(Audigy 2) as well as the original driver from the
cd that it came with..  No joy.. 
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 03:05:10 PM »
 Ano I had this issue when I did a resent reformat,although I use vista 64.

The fix was to delete the mic from the playback section of vista,but IIRC in xp all you need do is mute the mic in playback.

:salute