Author Topic: Why Score is a Joke...  (Read 3455 times)

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
Re: Why Score is a Joke...
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2010, 01:47:32 PM »
pap johns as your score doctor your Kills per hour in both fighter and attack are sucking horribly.  Also you haven't captured any bases and this will drag you right down at the end of the month!

I'd put you only top 100 if you don't knuckle down and try harder.

LoL; I think my point has been lost about 3 pages ago...I give up. Trying to make a rational argument in this forum is like trying to attempt to...

I surrender to the stupidity of the internetz  :rock  :cheers:

I am going to step away for a while before my IQ drops another 15 points....

Papa
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:52:05 PM by papjohns »
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2010, 02:48:50 PM »
i think when you start to worry about score, rank, ect. It starts to take away the Fun of the game, its not like your going to use it in real life, lol i can see it now .... well Johnny what makes you qualified to flip burgers here at MickyD's..... well sir im a elite online pile-it whose ranked at #1 in the Skyz, defending the american wayz from intruderz, and besides my mom said i had to get a job   :neener:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2010, 05:01:27 PM »
As of yesterday, I was No. 1 in the AvA arena and that was by accident.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2010, 07:32:39 PM »
As of yesterday, I was No. 1 in the AvA arena and that was by accident.

Grats.... out of 5 your #1
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2010, 07:48:15 PM »
six.. thank you  :neener:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2010, 09:19:55 PM »
Actually, all I had to do was log in and I was #1! WOO HOO!!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2010, 09:21:28 PM »
stick around and you can lay claim to #6 :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2010, 10:09:32 PM »
No. 6! WOO HOO!!!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2010, 10:04:57 AM »
 :rofl

These folks get it.   Just have fun.

In regards to herding cats above....

We were once on a trail drive 600 cats strong. We had to cross a busy highway. We only had 32 when we reached the other side. As we looked back at the highway all we could see is kitty litter.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:07:33 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2010, 10:46:29 AM »
alright Zoom, who is the babe?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2010, 10:57:42 AM »
Hold your rank until the end of the month if you think its so easy.  :aok
lol 1 night of me flying put me to number 1 in Mid-war fighters......kept that with like 5 more sorties for the rest of the month :rolleyes:
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2010, 11:35:34 AM »
To summarize:

1)  Scores make one feel better about getting killed in a violent, non-fire-retardant manner by better pilots;
2)  Everyone that has been flying in the MA knows who the more adaptive, creative and skilled pilots are because of #1;
3)  The skilled pilots in #2 know who they are and almost ALWAYS try to help you when you ask because they know that person sux;
4)  Pilots who do not accept #2 accuse anyone of "cheating" that hammers their bellybutton when they aren't watching, ie the Grizz tater deflection shot (don't read ankle hump here, read
     amazement and wonder);
5)  This game isn't real (thought I would throw that in here for the pragmatists);
6)  Scores are dependent upon HOW YOU FIGHT.  BnZer = Low kills per hour, high kill to death ratio, etc, Furballer = High kills per hour, horrible K/D ratio;
7)  Exceptionally skilled pilot = KILL YOU IN EITHER SITUATION depending upon their mood...you know who they are because of #2 and their "score" remains stable.

I would like to bring up another point....personal articles lost during battle.  Sometime ago, Kappa blew my entire aircraft into tiny pieces with such a violent explosion that my Nike Air Jordan shoe ($180 a pair) was blown INTO his aircraft to which he promised to return the shoe to me in a timely manner.  I still do not have my shoe back...even with the charred, melted inserts, I want my shoe back.  Now, normally I have not asked for things back...Shuffler has my timex watch, TonyJoey has my college OU baseball hat (my eyebrows were burned off on that one), Grizz has my wallet (I called him a cheater and a showoff on that one...it didn't have any money in it so he can keep it), and Kappa has my shoe.

Guys....you can't keep my crap....you just can't.  Please call HiTech, drop them in the lost and found and I will drive by there and pick them up...no questions asked...but I want my crap back.

PS - READ DODGER's SIGNATURE.....this game is about the fight boys because the good pilots are gonna kill you either way and laugh about scores.  Get mad, get even and have fun...

<S> Papajohn....I smell what you're steppin in and agree.

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2010, 11:36:18 AM »
Seems there are alot of folks who fly just a few sorties in all arenas in fighter then fly attack the rest of the time.

Another reason it means nothing really.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2010, 11:43:09 AM »
Seems there are alot of folks who fly just a few sorties in all arenas in fighter then fly attack the rest of the time.

But if you do otherwise and  fly most of your sorties in fighter mode, someone will come along and accuse you of just trying to protect your attack rank  :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2010, 11:50:53 AM »
Put everyone on an equal footing if they care that much.  Sill the "secrets" to a 3000% Damage Hit Percentage.

How many years did the score potatoes run around bombing and jumping to gv's for a high score before someone outed the "strategy" and HTC fixed the exploit?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay