Author Topic: Single download for all skins?  (Read 727 times)

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
Single download for all skins?
« on: August 15, 2010, 09:16:53 AM »
What is the best way to get skins downloaded? Is there a single download for them all, an option in-game (that I can't find) to have them auto-downloaded, or do I have to click each one individually on the downloads page?

I walked on to Phillipine Phandango yesterday and while most skins they were using were in the drop-down, all but the default were red, so I'm looking for the best way to have all the skins available for events like this without having to do LOTS of individual downloads manually.
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Single download for all skins?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 12:32:03 PM »
Easiest way is to log onto the game, set it to auto download skins and let it up date while your doing something else or if you have a good connection to update while you fly. Unfortunately there is no large pack that you can download. I do remember someone saying they were going to bundle the skins for a big download, but I don't remember who it was or if they did it. Of course it would have to be updated each time new skins were released.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 12:50:40 PM »
You can manually copy & paste skins if you want from the skins catalog on the HTC web page.Then place specific ones in to your PC in the AHII portion of that file under skins. Don't quote me on that it has been a while since I have done it.

I am sure some one will correct me if I am wrong. :aok

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 01:27:25 PM »
In the hangar, under the plane selection area, but above the perk area, is a box to check to auto download skins.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 03:38:49 PM »
In the hangar, under the plane selection area, but above the perk area, is a box to check to auto download skins.

Ah thanks, I'll check there.
-- Greg Stelmack

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 05:45:04 PM »
http://www.hitechcreations.com/download/dlsframe.html

But they're one at a time.  Right click, "save as".

If you go the "clipboard" method, you can log into any arena online and skins will download automagically while you play or do something else.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 01:44:57 PM »
http://www.hitechcreations.com/download/dlsframe.html

But they're one at a time.  Right click, "save as".

If you go the "clipboard" method, you can log into any arena online and skins will download automagically while you play or do something else.

I found the first, but that was the point, I wanted to avoid clicking each one.

The second works fine, I just couldn't find that option. No mention on the skins page, and then I was just blind looking at the Hangar page because it's clearly right there. It's working great for me now that I cleaned my glasses  :D
-- Greg Stelmack