Author Topic: This Mornings Arena Caps  (Read 1768 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: This Mornings Arena Caps
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 12:25:57 PM »
Now at 0150 Eastern the LW arenas are 95/400 and 45/400.

Back to my OP, resources need balancing at times, not players.

Okay Money, Print this out, laminate it, and keep it close to you cuz this will help with your cap problems.

-Caps are in effect between 12:00 CST PM - 12:00 CST AM
-Caps in the higher numbered arena will bump up an addtional 100 players in capacity when the other arena becomes 70% filled

So if you are looking to get into a capped arena, see how many players are in the other one and how full it is.  Going to the arena actually will help fill it up more.  When it gets above 70%, you can leave it and go to the other arena.

If you log on before noon cst or midnight cst you will never have to worry about caps.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 01:22:45 PM »
Okay Money, Print this out, laminate it, and keep it close to you cuz this will help with your cap problems.

-Caps are in effect between 12:00 CST PM - 12:00 CST AM
-Caps in the higher numbered arena will bump up an addtional 100 players in capacity when the other arena becomes 70% filled

So if you are looking to get into a capped arena, see how many players are in the other one and how full it is.  Going to the arena actually will help fill it up more.  When it gets above 70%, you can leave it and go to the other arena.

If you log on before noon cst or midnight cst you will never have to worry about caps.

How do you know when an arena gets above 70% if you are already in an arena?  you have to get out of an arena to view the arena numbers, right?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 01:56:16 PM »
How do you know when an arena gets above 70% if you are already in an arena? 

Rightclick on map, country status.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »
How do you know when an arena gets above 70% if you are already in an arena?  you have to get out of an arena to view the arena numbers, right?

I just make a mental note of the listed arena capacity before I enter then I add up the chess piece roster tallies and divide by the max number.  If it's greater than .70 I leave and go to pink.  It works everytime.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »

Does it matter?  You don't want to be in that arena anyway.  Enter.  Exit and check.  Repeat.  Same as refreshing the Main Entry screen but it actually effects the numbers and whether you can get into the closed arena or not.

As far as I can tell, the OP's problem is there is two, balanced arenas instead of everyone in the same arena.  A veiled "no caps" whine?

For what it's worth RE: "resources", if the numbers get high enough in MW or EW, there will be more than a single arena for "game play" reasons.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 04:06:24 PM »
Rightclick on map, country status.

Not sure how Country Status tells me what the percentage of the CAP is or even what the current CAP is.  The CAP might have changed after I went into an arena up or down.  How does country status tell me what the cap is currently in a different arena, or even the one I"m in?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 04:21:03 PM »
Not sure how Country Status tells me what the percentage of the CAP is or even what the current CAP is.  The CAP might have changed after I went into an arena up or down.  How does country status tell me what the cap is currently in a different arena, or even the one I"m in?

By doing what Grizz said.

When Blue is at 170/250 and you want to go to orange, you know that Blue needs to get to 175 to raise the Orange cap. Now just check the country status when being in blue.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 05:14:05 PM »
By doing what Grizz said.

When Blue is at 170/250 and you want to go to orange, you know that Blue needs to get to 175 to raise the Orange cap. Now just check the country status when being in blue.

I guess as a general rule that will work, however, you don't know that 50 people didn't just leave orange and blue to go to FSO.  Your assumption is that the CAPS are always on the rise.  The only thing the Country Stats tells you is, well, the stats for the  country you are in.  We are stuck with CAPs System, except on Tuesday night, HTC could alter the Country Stats page to actually show the current CAPS for each Arena. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 05:26:55 PM »
I guess as a general rule that will work, however, you don't know that 50 people didn't just leave orange and blue to go to FSO.  Your assumption is that the CAPS are always on the rise.  The only thing the Country Stats tells you is, well, the stats for the  country you are in.  We are stuck with CAPs System, except on Tuesday night, HTC could alter the Country Stats page to actually show the current CAPS for each Arena. 

Blah.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 05:51:49 PM »
I think it was Snailman who had a decent fix idea for late caps.  It was combining the arenas to a Titanic Tues. type map for a certain period late at night (U.S. time), then switching back to the two arenas prior to peak hours. 

Seems reasonable to me.
+1
Lighten up Francis

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »
I say we need more players through advertising and obviously advertising through commercials is the wrong way to go about getting long time customers for this type of game (ex. we see commercials but no increase in players)  if we had several thousand of pilots on at one time you would have multiple arenas in the 100's of players say 5 arenas max at 300 ect. ect.

Few Ideas for HTC to consider

*  Double opt in marketing through email which would target interrested people in aircraft,wwii, ect. (this would target people over 40 years of age for the most part)

* Design a smaller yet free edition to the full paid addition to AH and place on Facebook as an application ( this would target people under 40 for the most part and would be a very powerful recruiting tool) 

these are just 2 ideas but my point is this type of game needs this type of advertising to grow substantially
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »
I say we need more players through advertising and obviously advertising through commercials is the wrong way to go about getting long time customers for this type of game (ex. we see commercials but no increase in players)  if we had several thousand of pilots on at one time you would have multiple arenas in the 100's of players say 5 arenas max at 300 ect. ect.

Few Ideas for HTC to consider

*  Double opt in marketing through email which would target interrested people in aircraft,wwii, ect. (this would target people over 40 years of age for the most part)

* Design a smaller yet free edition to the full paid addition to AH and place on Facebook as an application ( this would target people under 40 for the most part and would be a very powerful recruiting tool) 

these are just 2 ideas but my point is this type of game needs this type of advertising to grow substantially

:airplane: Not picking on your post TnDep just using it to reply, I have an idea, why not let HTC run THEIR GAME as they see fit to do. If players don't like it they either leave or play the game as Dale
intends it to be played. I see so much  :cry  here because the game is not played the way someone wants it to be played. Players can vote with their money either pay or don't.
the CAP thing has been explained over and over but still people come here and  :cry. I will say TnDep I really don't think it is up to a player to tell HTC wheather they need to advertise or not, that is their choice
and their call. Yes it would be a disappointment if it goes away but we will all survive.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:47:46 PM by rvflyer »
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »
Print this out, laminate it, and keep it close to you cuz this will help with your cap problems.
<deleted some stuff>

Grizzy-poo....

Print my OP, laminate it, and keep it close to you cuz it will help with your perception that I am you.

You are lucky to have employment that allows you to log on when it is best for HTC's plan.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 08:45:55 PM by Money »

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 08:53:41 PM »
Or instead of wasting your time clicking buttons and reading number, you could just go to sleep and log on at 7am to get your spot in LWOrange the next day.

Wow, you know what, you are right!  Your plan is a much better than mine.  I planned to work my bellybutton off the next day, come home, spend time with my family, and try to wedge in an hour to play a game I really enjoy with whatever time I have left over.

Forgive me for not wanting to jump through the same hoops you are willing to jump through to play a game. 

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 08:57:10 PM »

It's SOLELY a result of game play considerations.

<S>

Not sure what the "gameplay" considerations are when numbers get this low. Force people to fly around looking for fights in unpopulated arenas? I agree with Money. Another example of some arbitrary rule making the game less fun for the people who pay to play it.