Author Topic: Common thread to folks now having crashes from AH???  (Read 11951 times)

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Re: Common thread to folks now having crashes from AH???
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2010, 06:54:02 PM »
blue arena crashed 4 times within approximately 35 to 40 minutes.  Using Windows 7 64 bit

This is looking like it is my ISP. Have them coming out Monday to check for problems.
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »
No disrespect to Skuzzy and the crew intended, I'm sure they will work out the bugs, just aggrivated that it seems to happen to me as I line up for bombing run or jump in a perk plane. I  :pray for the fixes to come soon. Amen :angel:

Offline leitwolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2010, 03:31:32 PM »
Dont slap me, but it looks to me like the problem can be triggered by maps.
I get lots of crashes on a few select maps (both mindanao MA, and mindanao scenario, germany scenario map as well) but notably not on lake uterus (sfma).

Will ritual sacrifice of a few nvidia (or microsoft) developers help? :devil
veni, vidi, vulchi.

Offline denniswilha

• Zinc Member
« Reply #168 on: September 26, 2010, 07:32:41 PM »
It mainly happens to me on map mindanao in the main. Been online and playing today, not on that map, and havn't crashed all day, will attempt Mindanao again later tonight.  :salute

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: September 29, 2010, 02:24:26 PM »
From what I hear, this problem has been fixed. What was the cause?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #170 on: September 29, 2010, 03:12:17 PM »
New patch, new problems. End of discussion.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »
New patch, new problems. End of discussion.

I have no idea what that means.

Delirium, the patch does not spcifically address the Windows 7 64 bit problem.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2010, 04:50:26 PM »
It means on Monday my computer was able to play Aces High with no problems. After the patch on Tuesday the game was unplayable. I shouldn't have to reconfigure my computer every time a patch comes out. I love the game and your support is excellent but I'm amazed the patches are not tested "in house" and the bugs ironed out before being released. Surely a test can be run on various types of systems, low end, high end, etc., before being released? Testing new patches out on your customers doesn't make sense to me. Thank God it's a video game and not an automobile.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »
Describe "unplayable", as that is pretty generic.  Plays fine on every computer I can get my hands on, including a very low end Celeron with Intel video chip in it.

The patch was trivial and we test all patches before they go out.  If the patch was the problem, every computer (without fail) would experience the same exact problems.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:53:01 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bat21

• Zinc Member
« Reply #174 on: September 30, 2010, 09:34:55 PM »
i am also experiencing problems with my game after installing the new patch, im no computer genius but my computer worked perfectly before the patch and then kaboom!!!!  patch installed and there goes my 75 frame rate right down to 20's, its not a windows problem, im not changing any settings on my computer, there is a problem in the patch. its not a java problem!!!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:53:32 PM by bat21 »

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2010, 10:36:19 PM »
Hooked up new my system last nite. Windows 7 64bit.

Downloaded and installed the game and have had no problems.

I have everything maxed out and anti-liasing up bout half way for now.

Flew last nite for about 40 minutes and tonite for about an hour. Frame rate is a steady 60.

Using a i7 with an Ati card.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2010, 11:18:35 PM »
Unplayable as in frame rate dips into single digits every 5 to 10 seconds causing lock ups and stutters. Normal frame rate at 40 in MA Orange arena. I'm running windows XP not 7 and the problem started immediately after the patch. Prior to the patch everything was fine.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2010, 12:02:36 PM »
i had my first ever "AH exe has stopped working" crash last night LW Blue, been playing this for over 7 years, it happened after the patch as well as a lower frame rate, before the patch my frame rates were in the triple numbers at maxed settings, now just double numbers sometimes dips as low as 32, i know some of you think well 32 is an OK frame rate,  not when your running a SLI'd system with 2 XFX 295GTX's, like i stated it never dropped below triple digits before the patch  my OS is xp pro64, newest drivers, guess ill wait a couple days see what happens, i might have to roll back my video drivers to find a better suited one
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline bat21

• Zinc Member
« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »
i had my first ever "AH exe has stopped working" crash last night LW Blue, been playing this for over 7 years, it happened after the patch as well as a lower frame rate, before the patch my frame rates were in the triple numbers at maxed settings, now just double numbers sometimes dips as low as 32, i know some of you think well 32 is an OK frame rate,  not when your running a SLI'd system with 2 XFX 295GTX's, like i stated it never dropped below triple digits before the patch  my OS is xp pro64, newest drivers, guess ill wait a couple days see what happens, i might have to roll back my video drivers to find a better suited one
                                      exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    dont do a thing im sure another patch is coming out to fix the problem that dont exist, im thinking if the new patch can be removed from computer if framerate comes back to normal.      Forget that idea i cant remove it
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:50:31 PM by bat21 »

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2010, 09:05:06 PM »
Happened to me tonight also.

Thought I might get lucky.

Didn't.

Orange arena, in a field gun at A-19, cursor froze, then a few minutes later I got the enevitable message.

Windows 7 64 bit, i7 930 , Ati 5870. Frame rate was a steady 59. Everything maxxed out with anti-liasing up bout half way.

Not sure if I should even bother posting a DX-diag report as there have been quite a few of those already.

I'm sure the problem will be addressed and resolved soon. :pray

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP