Author Topic: good fun again  (Read 680 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
good fun again
« on: August 11, 2010, 08:13:07 PM »
Chili great to see you again, Strokes thanks for the spankings, and (sorry I can't remember your name at the moment) how the heck do you catch an LA on wep in a shallow dive running for his life in whatever the heck it was you were flying?

<S> all
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: good fun again
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:23:02 AM »
That may have been Jappa with me in tow.  Were you in a 1v1 with Stokes just before that? 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 07:31:03 AM »
ya it was Jappa... :D

I think he had jet assisted thrust on that beast..
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 09:35:35 AM »
We chased you for a good while and weren't making any progress closing, until you started climbing up and to the left.  Then the closure came fast.  Jappa got the majority of hits on you and then my last few were the finishers.  :salute
Ki84s....

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 10:03:20 AM »
I was hoping to get enough separation to turn around and give you a decent fight.  No luck grrrr...

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 10:11:24 AM »
Oh, it was pretty decent from our view point.  Wingman mutual support is a wonderful thing.  It makes for a quick, efficient end O' the fight if executed properly.  Looking forward to our next encounter.  Again, great fun in the AVA.  Thanks for participating!  :banana:  :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 08:30:16 PM »
well I 'encountered' you again tonight.. nice and dark, trying to see where the ack was firing, look back and the angel of death arrived :D I can 'see' why night isn't popular but it's interesting nonetheless.

So what have we established tonight?   I can't fly for @%^* and still don't care but I got some laughs out of it.  And THAT, to me, makes it worth it. 

Cactus if you see this shoot me a pm.  I have a question for ya.  <S> all.  Bug nice to see you again.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 06:16:24 AM »
<S>  :salute  I have to say that I had my hands full  :joystick:

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 07:43:25 PM »
well I 'encountered' you again tonight.. nice and dark, trying to see where the ack was firing, look back and the angel of death arrived :D I can 'see' why night isn't popular but it's interesting nonetheless.

So what have we established tonight?   I can't fly for @%^* and still don't care but I got some laughs out of it.  And THAT, to me, makes it worth it.  

Cactus if you see this shoot me a pm.  I have a question for ya.  <S> all.  Bug nice to see you again.

Ahh, you were flying just fine.  I just got lucky using all the available advantages.  As long as you're having fun...that's what counts!  :salute

As far as night goes, there has to be a full moon and all the right conditions (including the stars lining up just right) to pick up a visual.  Then converting to a rejoin, saddlin' up, and getting the kill shot with the severe lack of depth perception; well it's pretty much dumb luck.  That's why in WWII they developed night fighters with radar.  So, getting a kill in game is more luck than anything else.   :O
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:48:41 PM by Puma44 »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 07:58:05 PM »
It's always a pleasure sir.  I'm glad to see AVA and it's regs are still worthy adversaries and a hoot as well.   :salute  Pretty sure I've got film of that one.  I'll see about posting some screens over the next week or so.