Author Topic: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar  (Read 3957 times)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
Re: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2010, 09:47:06 PM »
I think that LW arenas will be less and less populated.
mobilis in mobile

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2010, 09:59:45 PM »
Are you saying that HiTech, Pyro or anyone else from HTC directly told you that or did you get your information from a player who pulled it of where the Sun doesn't shine?

ack-ack

Direct personal conversation with Hitech. Now it's been some time and many beers consumed since that conversation so the exact words escape me but the reasons given were the fast growth of the game and the numbers online during peak times. The tendency of large groups to horde was deemed unhealthy and some thing needed to be done.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2010, 10:02:46 PM »
actually I think a retro arena would be fun maybe even have a AHI, what harm would it do.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2010, 07:21:11 AM »
actually I think a retro arena would be fun maybe even have a AHI, what harm would it do.

One of the most heartbreaking paths to destruction in an MMO flight sim lies in giving the players what they think they want, rather than doing what is needed for the sim.  The sim I started on did this, and by the time the mistake was realized to be one, it was too late - most of those that didn't like the Axis/Allied format of the main arena or gamy fixes that resulted from trying to level the inequities were gone, and what were left were just the players (mostly flying for one side) who did want it. The sim never recovered.  In fact, most of them fly here now.

While I don't enjoy the new radar settings as much as the earlier settings for the reason's put forth earlier, I've lived through a LOT worse at the hands of the developers of other sims in terms of game "enhancments" that I didn't enjoy.  And if Hitech and crew feels they should not never change back (or even downward from where they are), it's not THAT big of a deal.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2010, 07:57:01 AM »
Rigth now it's tuesday, we have no caps, and the dar rings are back to old size. I haven't seen any complaint about not being able to find a fight yet.

Did not even notice, is it still at 65ft, I hope so like that part of the dar :aok
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2010, 08:15:16 AM »
Did not even notice, is it still at 65ft, I hope so like that part of the dar :aok

Yes, range is back to 12.5 miles, but the dot dar altitude is still 65ft. I noticed that when I spotted a NOE raid on map going through a CV's dar circle. 2-3 cons out of a group of maybe 8-12(?) were constantly breaking dar.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2010, 09:42:36 AM »
Wow Shuffler, that comment was brilliant!! What your saying is play by your rules or leave the game.. Didn't know that you were on the Aces High  payroll ...
No... what I am saying is to use strategy. All you need to do is find someone experienced to explain it to you. What I suggested is very simple.

My post was a suggestion to help. You seem to be jumping conclusions on several threads with your play my way theme.

Relax and try having fun... this is a game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2010, 10:14:23 AM »
Common Post:"I hate change and adapting. I want an easy button so no one can ever kill me and makes me the bestest. I don't want any changes unless they benefit me, as I am the most important customer HTC has."

Then there are those who have rational reasons for their comments and get caught up in a battle of wits with a fool or 3.

Dead horses are plentiful here. The problem is, that comment I just made is one of them dead horses....  :confused:
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2010, 11:18:01 AM »
Common Post:"I hate change and adapting. I want an easy button so no one can ever kill me and makes me the bestest. I don't want any changes unless they benefit me, as I am the most important customer HTC has."

Then there are those who have rational reasons for their comments and get caught up in a battle of wits with a fool or 3.

Dead horses are plentiful here. The problem is, that comment I just made is one of them dead horses....  :confused:

Hey.... no one told me about this button. Where is it located. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2010, 11:42:38 AM »
***FLASH NOTE***

CURRENT BASE RADAR AS YOU KNOW IT WILL BE REMOVED IN THE NEXT UPDATE!!

Instead all aircraft will be issued their own ON-BOARD radar (see below).

Crews will be responsible for their own litter boxes and cat nip.

....cheers eh! :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline cveirs

• Zinc Member
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2010, 02:04:41 PM »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2010, 03:55:28 PM »
 :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli