Author Topic: T34 Flamethrower  (Read 361 times)

Offline CrosFire

• Copper Member
T34 Flamethrower
« on: August 16, 2010, 08:08:14 PM »
Have the option to replace the T34/76 or 85 Turnet MG and the Hull MG with flamethrowers for killing town and what not.  :salute
When he gets to heaven to St.Peter he will tell one more marine reporting sir Ive served my time in hell. -Marine on the "Canal"

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
Re: T34 Flamethrower
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:10:13 PM »
And how much more effective do you think this would be as opposed to HE shells, that can hit town buildings at ranges 6 or 7 times that of a flamethrower?
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 08:19:54 PM »
how much fun would it be to flame an M3 or troops that are running....  with the new graphics i think it would look sweet!
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 08:21:20 PM »
how much fun would it be to flame an M3 or troops that are running....  with the new graphics i think it would look sweet!

Except the troops would march off into the map room unhurt since the game doesn't model fire damage like that.  You'd need to update the damage model so flame throwers would damage/destroy objects.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 08:23:23 PM »
and also, we already have flamethrowers in the game, go hop in the A6M2, and get shot a couple of times, then crash into a town   :aok
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 08:25:07 PM »
and also, we already have flamethrowers in the game, go hop in the A6M2, and get shot a couple of times, then crash into a town   :aok

I have that down already   lol.  I cant imagine it would be hard to change the damage model for fire?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 08:31:38 PM »
I cant imagine it would be hard to change the damage model for fire?

Don't know but I would imagine that it might not be just as simple of entering some numbers to fill out a table chart. 

ack-ack

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 10:05:03 PM »
And how much more effective do you think this would be as opposed to HE shells, that can hit town buildings at ranges 6 or 7 times that of a flamethrower?
Read it he didnt say the turret he said the hull gun..
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 11:09:44 PM »
Read it he didnt say the turret he said the hull gun..

Even if it was a Sherman with the flame thrower using the main gun (US Army used mix, main turret flame thrower and hull gun flame thrower), it would still have a couple of hundred yard range that it could stand off at and still hit buildings in the town. 

There is a book called Cutthroats, its the story of a Sherman tank driver in the Pacific and his tank was "shanghaied" and fitted with the hull gun flame thrower while another tank in their platoon was outfitted with the main gun flame thrower that had a farther range than the hull gun flame thrower.  The tanker, Robert C. Dick, hated the flame thrower and was glad they got rid of it when the pressure failed and the napalm barely exited the barrel and ended up catching their tank (#60) on fire but they were glad they were still able to use the main gun, unlike their buddies in tank 59.

ack-ack

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 02:29:24 AM »
I still think it would look cool...  Would give me a way to blow off steam and laugh a little after getting hoed for the 20th time that night.....

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 03:09:21 AM »
I personally would like it because it would mean that changes would need to be made to account for fire damage to objects.  This would then open the door to the possibility of getting napalm as a perked ordnance if we ever get that system Pyro had briefly talked about.

ack-ack